We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cold country...
reviews: 7
Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

What's the best and most economical way to go to Tamarindo Diria Hotel from Liberia Airport?

Greenville, South...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

Oh, would love to know this as well!!!

There are 2 of us (and maybe a surf board?)

Tamarindo, Costa...
2. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

There are a few different ways to get to Tamarindo from the Liberia airport. Private shuttles will run you about $80 if you make a reservation. Normally, if you wait until you land to grab a taxi, they will try and get another $10-$20 out of you.... Public shuttles like ecotrans, grayline, interbus will run about $30-45 per person. Finally, there are a few other group shuttles that run a little less, around $20, but they have the reputation of being a tad bit unreliable.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 77
3. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

We used Interbus from Tamarindo to SJO. and it was great. www.interbus.com - I would definitely use them again. Their rates are online, but for our trip it was $40pp - I imagine Liberia to Tamarindo would be similar.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

Also nice ECOTRANS...good nice comapny...

roadadvisor

Tamarindo
5. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

Varied info here.... A taxi from the airport is $80 to $100

Private is usually around $80 for up to 4 people

A shared shuttle is not available with Interbus - they do the major connections throughout the country but not the airport runs. As BW mentioned the shared shuttle to Tamarindo has less than a stellar reputation and you could be sitting in the parking lot for as much as 2 hours before departing. So weigh your options and decide what is best for you and your budget.

Atlanta, Georgia...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

How long is the trip from LIB to Tamarindo center? If it varies on the season, then how long is it in October?

Cold country...
reviews: 7
7. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

Thank you all very much !! I'm sticking with what I have! Seems reasonable and the driver sounds very professional.

Sacramento...
reviews: 108
8. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

My favorite shuttle service which I have used for over 5 years is Tamarindo Shuttle. Very reliable and priced well. I think they are about $25 per person if I remember correctly. The trip should take about 45 minutes to an hour no matter what time of year it is.

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 8
9. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

Nice Ad monarchtravel! Seems you've been posting all over TA.

guanacaste
reviews: 32
10. Re: Transportation to Tamarindo Diria from Liberia Airport

http://www.ecotranscostarica.com/