We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B on the Beach?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
reviews: 17
B & B on the Beach?

Can anyone recommend a B & B on the Beach in (or close to) Tamarindo. Could be Flamingo, or anywhere in the vicinity. We're considering a month so a hotel is not really a choice for us. Thanks everyone.

Greenville, South...
reviews: 3
1. Re: B & B on the Beach?

There are a few small places that I've looked into for 4 nights for us. They aren't bed and breakfast in the traditional sense, but they are smaller boutique hotels. The 2 I will mention all have the owners on site with just a few rooms and I think they both had kitchens as well? They both say they are about 10 min walk from beach and from town. One includes bikes and boards that you can use. They both have great reviews. Casa Bambora... I believe rates go as low as $60/night and Harry's El Escondite. Good Luck!!

Tamarindo, Costa...
2. Re: B & B on the Beach?

As for B&B's right on the beach, none really come to mind. Most locations do not have the luxury of being right on the beach, because the first 50m from the high tide line of all beaches is public property. There are only a couple properties here in town that are right on the beach. Some hotels offer monthly rates, so you can always consider that possibility.

Alberta
3. Re: B & B on the Beach?

Which properties are on the beach?

Tamarindo
4. Re: B & B on the Beach?

El Sueno, and Villa Alegre come to mind.

Check these:

http://tamarindobeach.net/hotels.html

www.tamarindohomepage.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: B & B on the Beach?

Not a B and B but you can check Casa Cook..

roadadvisor

Greenville, South...
reviews: 3
6. Re: B & B on the Beach?

Ah, oh yes! And casa cook, that is where I just booked 4 nights!!! It's a little pricier than the other 2 I mentioned, but it is RIGHT on the beach!

Yukon
reviews: 32
7. Re: B & B on the Beach?

I've stayed at Harry's El Escondite. It is a 10 minute walk to the beach; it's uphill on the way back from the beach. Harry's is fantastic. The cabinas are comfortable, clean and well equipped; worth every dime and then some! It is geared to a somewhat younger crowd and not suitable for kids of any age. Harry is a socialable and knowledgeable host. There is a resident dog and cat on site. Both super friendly and I enjoyed their company, but I know critters are an issue for some people.

I loved Harry's and I'll go back someday. We're going to the Caribbean side in 32 days(not that I'm counting), but the next trip to CR will include Harry's for sure!

Tamarindo
reviews: 15
8. Re: B & B on the Beach?

Good choice on Casa Cook.

Frisco, Texas
9. Re: B & B on the Beach?

We love Sueno Del Mar... Heading back there in November in fact. Great spot and beautiful view from their beach.

guanacaste
reviews: 32
10. Re: B & B on the Beach?

Sueño del Mar is a nice nice small property http://www.sueno-del-mar.com/

another option is http://www.villaalegrecostarica.com/