We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve In Tamarindo

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 121
New Years Eve In Tamarindo

We will be in Tamarindo during the Christmas holidays. I have a husband, two daughters ( 17 and 22). Would like to find something fun to do on New Years Eve. We have been gone each year at this time for the last 10 years. It is always a struggle to fill this evening and make it fun for everyone. Any suggestions - restaurants, etc.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
1. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

By US standards New Year's Eve is pretty quiet in CR. In my experience it's a holiday where families get together to reflect on the closing year and look towards the coming year.

I can't speak specifically to what they do in Tamarindo, so you may want to ask around after you arrive to see if restaurants will be open or if there are any organized parties.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

No problema at all to find somenthing to do in Tamarindo...way to many parties all over the place...great for the whole family...a lot of people!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
3. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

Some locals and natives may like parties all over the place, but they don't represent the true soul of Costa Rica. Sodomojo has it right, most chose to do house dinners with friends, a little dancing, and the celebration of what is to come, the bars will be open if that is what you want, but you will find a quieter group. Best to plan something simple yourselves, there may be fireworks in the area, but it's more a time of reflection.

Have a great holiday.

Tamarindo
4. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

The larger hotels will have fireworks. There will be several hot spots to decide where you want to party.

Tamarindo, Costa...
5. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

Last year, everyone in Tamarindo took to the beach, and enjoyed many do-it-yourself fireworks and bon-fires. A DJ also set up a booth to set the mood last year. This year there most like will not be a DJ, but I'm sure just walking along the beach will provide plenty of entertainment. As for dinner, everyone will be having some sort of New Year's dinner, so just keep your eyes peeled while you are down here!

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

In my case and as the last 30 somenthing New Years of my life...I will be in a great beach with my great family and friends...most of the time in bed by 11PM...it is a private ranch with about 4 isolated beaches...not a sinlge soul!!

We have the fortune to be no more than 20 people...great happy family...but some young people they love to spend that night at a beach like Tamarindo...in the good old days that was the way we used to enjoy that night!

We Costaricans by nature love the last week of December...that is the true reallity of my culture...that is part of us...of course like in my case with some more years I rather stay way from that noise...and enjoy nature and my camper!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

roadadvisor

7. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:45 am, July 25, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

Thank you for let us all know...

roadadvisor

guanacaste
reviews: 31
9. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

I am sure that you will find a great fiesta in Tamarindo for New Years

10. Re: New Years Eve In Tamarindo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 09, 2013