We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 4
Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

We are going to CR in about three weeks and are staying at the Barcelo. Any recent issues with this resort? Any issues with the water or ice? Does anyone know if they use filtered water for their ice cubes?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
1. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

I hear there are some thieves. So if you go swimming you may wish to hide your wallet in your shoe.

Sudbury, Canada
reviews: 4
2. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

We were there for 2 weeks . No problem with the water or ice. They put bottled water and pop in your mini fridge everyday. Not aware of any issues , 2nd time there. Nice location and good value for the price we paid.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
3. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

The water is safe to drink, though obviously you might as well take advantage of the free bottled water. It's a nice resort at a reasonable price for all inclusive. There is a lot more to see and do in CR than just an all inclusive though. Live a little and take an overnight (or two) side trip to the rainforest or volcano. Trust me, you won't regret it.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
4. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

in order to get permits you need to test the water on a regualar basis, this includes the ice too,

about hidding the wallet in the shoe..... I wouldn't do that.......what happens if they run away with you shoe, plus......there are safe boxes in the room, leave it there

Winnipeg
reviews: 2
5. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

My husband & I, along with 4 other couples vacationed at the Barcelo Hotel, Langosta Beach from Feb. 10 - 17, 2012. The food was tasty, the poolside was equally enjoyable! HOWEVER....my camera was stolen from our room #7104...as well as a brand new pair of running shoes that was removed from the clothes closet. I reported my "disappeared" camera to the front reception but not my running shoes as I only noticed them missing the morning we were heading back home. Nothing was returned...I have written to the Barcelo Hotel 3 times since my return back home...and have not received any sort of answer. If you decide to visit this resort....be very alert and careful....short of locking your running shoes in the safe ????? I wouldn't suggest the Barcelo to anyone of my friends!!!

San Antonio, Tx
6. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

First Trip to CR at the Barcelo Langosta Beach, Mar 27-3Apr with son and grandchildren. I would like room close to the Grandchildren's. Any tips with that? What about money - take cash? Any room recommendations?

Thank you.

Candle Lake, Canada
reviews: 1
7. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

My friend and I stayed there for 2 weeks and we both got sick. She got sick first, then I got sick 5 days later. I've traveled to 15 countries and it's the first time I've been ill. It's kind of weird as I've read that most locations in Costa Rica have good water.

As for safety, one day we forgot to lock our safe. Left it wide open. When we came back, everything was intact. Our maid got a good tip that day...

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
8. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

I wouldn't necessarily blame the resort for your getting sick, celestialgirl. If your friend got sick first and then you got sick, it sounds more like an infectious thing rather than a problem with the water or the food.

sagoldfinch: As for cash -- you can bring some dollars or get some colones - the local currency - from an ATM. There are many ATM's throughout Costa Rica and from many of them, you can get either dollars or colones. I would definitely bring some dollars - they will come in handy for tips or buying things off the resort. Bring smaller bills - nothing larger than $20 - and make sure they are in good condition: no writing or tears.

As for your room - just let the staff know that you want to be close to your grandchildren - preferably before you arrive.

San Antonio, Tx
9. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

Thank you for the good info.

Toronto
reviews: 24
10. Re: Barcelo Langosta Beach Resort

Our family of 5 stayed for the week, had plenty of drinks with their ice cubes and always drank the water that they served with the meals. Not one of us was ill.