We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling the week of August 21st to the Riu

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterloo, Canada
Travelling the week of August 21st to the Riu

Hola...

My Girlfriend and I are travelling to the Riu in Guanacaste for one week starting the 21st of August. We are two of the most easy going people and have read the reviews.... all the reviews...no matter what happens we know that it will be up to us to either make our time great or crappy.....If any of you reading this are going the same time let me know maybe we can meet for a drink by the pool.... (not a request for anything other than we like meeting interesting people from all over the world) LOL....

I have a couple of questions to those who have been there....is there cell phone reception anywhere on the resort? If so then where?.. Can I use my I Phone to use wifi in the lobby... does it cost money?

Can't wait....

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Travelling the week of August 21st to the Riu

I use my cell around the beach in MAtapalo...and from the resort I made a few calls...and it works...just normal...

roadadvisor

Waterloo, Canada
2. Re: Travelling the week of August 21st to the Riu

Thanks so much for your reply...

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
3. Re: Travelling the week of August 21st to the Riu

To avoid huge international cell phone charges, bring your phone unlocked to Costa Rica and buy a pre-paid SIM card from ICE, the phone company. Easy and inexpensive.

4. Re: Travelling the week of August 21st to the Riu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 07, 2011