We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna Azul hotel to Samara

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 8
Luna Azul hotel to Samara

I have a reservation at Luza Azul for 6 nights in January. How long does it take to get to Samara and are there other restaurants near Luna Azul? I've read it's difficult to drive at night and am wondering how the roads are there.

Samara
reviews: 38
1. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

Hi there. Just want to make sure you are heading in the right direction. In the title you write "Luna Azul to Samara" which makes me think you are driving from Luna Azul and heading to another hotel in Samara. However, in the body you seem to imply that the hotel is in Samara. Are you sure the hotel is called Luna Azul and that it is in Samara? I have lived here for many years and have never heard of this hotel. Where are you heading from?

Colorado
reviews: 9
2. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

Luna Azul is about 8 km north of Nosara which takes about 15 minutes to drive (unless the rivers are up then you may have to wait up to a day or two for them to fall low enough to ford). Samara is another 26 km south from Nosara and about an hour south of Luna Azul. There are a couple of other small hotels with restaurants in the hills near the tiny village of Ostional (where Luna Azul is located) and a couple of sodas in town but you're correct in assuming you'd have to head to Nosara or Samara for much selection.

Do NOT drive at night.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

thanks for the information. It sounds like 6 days might be too long to stay there since one can't get back at night. Do eithe rof you recommend a place in Samara for part of the time. Also, are rivers likely to be up in late January?

Colorado
reviews: 9
4. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

Fording rivers will be no problem in late Jan. There are tons of options in Samara "downtown" the Treehouse Inn is great and if you want a bit of isolation and privacy the Pequeno Gecko Verde north of town is wonderful

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
5. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

Still....... you should remember that if you drive through a river in your rental car, your insurance is void.

Samara
reviews: 38
6. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

What would your ideally like to pay/night?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
7. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

Food is very, very good at Luna Azul, btw. WIth 6 nights, I would be tempted to split it between Luna Azul and maybe somewhere in Nosara or Samara.

Mpls
reviews: 1
8. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

Samara Palm and the Belvedere are both great places in Samara to stay. Then you need to eat at Carola's Cafe for the best food in the area.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

Thanks for all the responses. I am fine with the price at Luna Azul which is about $150 per night, but don't want to pay. Do any of you know anything about snorkeling is Samara or the area near Luna Azul? Are there beaches that are calm enough and have enough visibility?

10. Re: Luna Azul hotel to Samara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, December 18, 2014