We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 2
Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

My family (6 adults) are trying to decide whether to go to Belize or Costa Rica for December vacation. Specifically, we are trying to decide between Las Terrazas in Belize and Punta Islita in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. We would have villas at either of them.

Has anyone been to both of these hotels?

Is safety in San Pedro any issue if you are staying at a resort?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

The location of Las Terrazas is a plus in your case since they are located very close to Ambergris Caye Beach and GoFish Belize...I have had no heard to much about safety around San Pedro..I will said that is just common sense...

They offer a private beach...somenthing that in Costa Rica you can not find anywhere!

For the good of every body...all our beaches are belong to us natives and you visitors...in that way is not any descrimination..at least is the way we costaricans see it!

Punta Islita is located at the top of the hill..with shuttle service that can drive you any time to the Beach Club...

Punta Islita is a high end property...even with a Heliport...and you can fly a small plane to Punta Islita.. we fly clients there very often by helicopter or by small planes...

Punta Islita suites or villas are incredible nice...one of the nicest resorts in our country...Zurcher family they know how to design and run a resort...the best...simple the best!

roadadvisor

Edited: 10:21 pm, August 16, 2012
New York
2. Re: Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

Thanks! So how should I go about figuring which place we should stay at? It's all too tempting!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

That is the MIllion Dollar Question...!!

You guys are 6 adults...if you like to move around your place Costa Rica...if you like diving and boats...SAN PEDRO...we do not have that kind of water around here...

From Punta Islita...you can charter a nice boat and hit some of the greatest sport fishing areas at the Pacific...great sails...great marlins...you can drive to Ostional beach about 2.5 hours from Punta Islita and visit Ostional Beach...just out of this world...the inmense quantity of turtles lying out the eggs at night...just incredible...

You can spend some great dinners also if you like around Samara beach...Carrillo...

At Punta Islita everything will go smooth...they run an incredible operation!

By the way I´m not part of them at all I WISH...I´m just a person that love great well run tourist operations...

The same designers of JW Marriot...MArriot Los Sueños among others are the designers of Punta Islita!

roadadvisor

New York
4. Re: Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

Thanks! This is most helpful!

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

You are WELCOME!

Please feel free to ask any question here at the FORUM! any time!

roadadvisor

guanacaste
reviews: 31
6. Re: Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

Punta Islita is one of the best resorts in Costa Rica, it has the highest sustainability certification level in Costa Rica.

hotelpuntaislita.com/the_costa_rica_cst_prog…

7. Re: Punta Islita (Costa Rica) vs. Las Terrazas (Belize)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 21, 2013