We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 71
Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

hello everyone,

Happy Friday!

Would I be able to pay our Departure Tax in the Bank in Samara?

I know its $28 PP and we need our Passports..

Anything else I should know? (do they give receipt, a paper as proof?)

Thanks!!

Yesi

Udine
reviews: 43
11. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

At Banco de Costa Rica is Samara you can pay the exit tax some days before your dearture,and take just few minute as there are no people....

San Jose, Costa Rica
12. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

Yes, You can pay it at the Banco de Costa Rica. One side of the receipt is th departure tax and the other side is the immigration form that you have to fill out. The airline will take the form from you when you check in.

california
13. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

Thanks again everyone!

I feel better knowing that I can pay it in Samara!

Thanks again!

Yesi

Sámara, Guanacaste...
reviews: 16
14. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

Hi. There are two banks in Samara: Banco Nacional and Banco de Costa Rica. You can only pay it at Banco de Costa Rica which is by the soccer field. 99% of the time, there are no lines so paying this would take about 5 mins. Have fun!

california
15. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

Thank you so much!

could you tell me what are the hours of the banks that they are open? we will be there from Wednesday leaving Sunday...

Do they open Friday?

Thanks!

Can't wait to be there!

yesi

Sámara, Guanacaste...
reviews: 16
16. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

Hi Yesi,

The BCR Bank (Banco de Costa Rica) i opened Monday thru Friday from 9 - 4. Have a great time!

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 8
17. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

Just paid our departure tax at the bank in Samara...walked in, up to the window...paid all 4 and out in about 5 mins. No line up...and incase you are visiting and didn't know (like us)...no sunglasses and no hats allowed to be worn in the bank.

Cheers!

lwbc

Samara
reviews: 38
18. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

Banco de Costa Rica almost never has a line and you can pay the departure tax there.

Have fun!

19. Re: Departure Tax: Can I Pay it in Samara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 11, 2014