We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
reviews: 1
Car Rental

Anyone with any good suggestions on car rental? Going to be picking up at Liberia, spending a few days in Santa Teresa and dropping in Samara as i will not need a car for the remainder of my trip. Given the Samara drop-off, it seems to limit my choices to Budget, Alamo, and Toyota. If there are any other agencies in town, please let me know - not loving the prices i am seeing thus far.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Car Rental

The 3 car rental companies you mentioned are recomended, you can also check with Adobe, they might have a drop off fee.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 53
2. Re: Car Rental

You might consider getting a taxi to all of your spots you want to go. On my blog I have the information to one that works out of the airport. He took us to Samara this last time. There are not other rental companies out of Samara or Nosara that I am aware of. We usually rent from Deans....link on my blog and he brings us a car to rent. We did the taxi this time to have a bit of a different learning experience and then rented at Alamo for a few days in Samara.

costaricatravelguru

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
3. Re: Car Rental

I would not recommend renting from Dean's - it has been a nightmare for some people.

I think Budget, Alamo and Toyota are your choices - and all good agencies.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
reviews: 42
4. Re: Car Rental

Economy is also in town - but I would not rent from them. Stick with Alamo or Budget - both are in the center of town and both have a very good reputation.

boston, ma
5. Re: Car Rental

Thanks all. I've actually had good luck with economy in that past and their prices are far better than the others. Unfortunately they've closed their Samara office.

Sámara, Guanacaste...
reviews: 16
6. Re: Car Rental

Hi, unfortunately, Alamo is the only rental company in Samara. The rest have closed. I did a comparative research for a lady about 3 weeks ago and Alamo had the best prices. I hope that is the same case with you. Good luck and have a great vacation!

Sámara, Guanacaste...
reviews: 16
7. Re: Car Rental

Hi, unfortunately, Alamo is the only rental company in Samara. The rest have closed. I did a comparative research for a lady about 3 weeks ago and Alamo had the best prices. I hope that is the same case with you. Good luck and have a great vacation!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
8. Re: Car Rental

I will go with Alamo...hard to find anything even close regarding service in that part of my country!

roadadvisor

boston, ma
9. Re: Car Rental

Thanks all. Got an email back from Budget saying they've closed that office. Just as well - the couple of times i rented through that office, it was a hassle (office was never open during its posted hours). Looks like its Alamo, as there really aren't any other options.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 53
10. Re: Car Rental

I thought when we were there in January that there was a sign for Toyota across from Gusto's. I don't know if they have an office or if they only service from Nosara where they did have an office when we were there. We did not have any problem renting from Alamo other than not being able to get out of the 1000.00 damage deposit. All was well at the return at the airport. The car was clean and well maintained.