We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

samara to liberia

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver island
reviews: 41
samara to liberia

My wife and I are heading to Nicaragua on Sat, Feb 5th. Anyone want to share a van or taxi to Liberia around 8 am??

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 60
11. Re: samara to liberia

If you are interested we took a taxi the last time. It is about 120USD and is quicker. I have been told that it takes quite a long time to ride he bus. Let me know I have the email and phone of the taxi.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
12. Re: samara to liberia

It takes about 2 hours 40 minutes to ride the bus from Samara to Liberia. It takes about two hours to drive. So $10 versus $110 or $120. Of course, a private driver picks you up and whisks you in a nice air conditioned vehicle. Your choice.

Edited: 7:33 am, February 04, 2012
Sámara, Guanacaste...
reviews: 16
13. Re: samara to liberia

Here are the time for the public bus from Samara to Liberia:

Samara - Nicoya

Monday - Saturday Sunday

4:30 AM 6:00 AM

5:30 AM 7:00 AM

7:00 AM 8:00 AM

8:00 AM 10:00 AM

10:00 AM NOON

NOON 2:00 PM

1:00 PM 3:00 PM

2:00 PM 4:00 PM

3:00 PM 5:00 PM

4:00 PM 6:30 PM

5:00 PM

6:30 PM

And here is the schedule from Nicoya to Liberia:

Transportes La Pampa

Nicoya - Liberia

Monday - Sunday

3:00 Buses Alfaro

4:30 - 6:30: every 30 mins

7:00 AM Buses Alfaro

7:30 AM

8:00 AM

8:15 AM

8:30 AM - 10:30 PM: every 30 mins

Hope this helps. (the copy ans paste from my excel sheet was not that clear).

Sámara, Guanacaste...
14. Re: samara to liberia

OK, that did not copy well at all. Is there an email I can send you the bus schedule in an Excel sheet which is much clearer to understand?

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
15. Re: samara to liberia

samarainfo - I think the way it came out is fine. Thanks for the great information - I have saved it in a file for future reference.

You might want to send a Private Message to the poster rather than asking for an email address on the open forum.

Sámara, Guanacaste...
16. Re: samara to liberia

Great idea. Sorry about that. Have a great weekend.

New York City, New...
reviews: 2
17. Re: samara to liberia

THERE IS a semi-private shuttle to the airport. Due to this thread, I thought our best option for getting from Samara to Liberia was to rent a car (Alamo). But when we were in Samara last week (September 2012), just walking down the main street (the one parallel to the beach, first one up), we saw a kiosk for shuttle service: $45 from Samara to Liberia airport, or $84 for two people.

We booked the shuttle with 9am pick up from our hotel, and arrived in Liberia a little before 11am. We were the only people in the mini-van.

Edited: 8:36 pm, September 10, 2012
18. Re: samara to liberia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 12, 2013