We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain?

Which Playa Hermosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitby, Canada
reviews: 17
Rain?

Will be arriving on November 6th, 2006 and i'm wondering how much it actually rains. I know that November is stil considered the rainy season, but just wondering whether it rains for 1 hour a day or can we expect it to rain All day?

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 25
1. Re: Rain?

Tang - Bailey welcome to CR. I'll be next december for a weekend in Niagara Falls so hope both will enjoy the country of the other one.

Twenty years ago we have two seasons: rainy and sunny. Now you could find rain almost any day or sunny days for weeks.

The weather change from a day to another one, no way to have a prediction.

What we "Ticos" (people of CR) do is see the weather channel and we know the day will be the opposite they say, that’s an example of how our weather changes.

But with rain or not CR is a spectacular country.

Whitby, Canada
reviews: 17
2. Re: Rain?

Thank you for your response. I hope you will enjoy Niagra falls it is definetly an interesting place to visit and the falls are spectacular.

Playa Hermosa...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Rain?

More fellow Canadians! Former Orangeville resident here!

In the Papagayo area of the country - (North Pacific Coast) Playa Hermosa, Coco, Playa Panama ......we have been receiving late afternoon rains and evening rains for the last 5 days. Sunny mornings with afternoon clouding over. Not rain everyday but that can happen too. This has been a very DRY......rainy season so far.

As MG2006 said Costa Rica is a wonderful country to explore regardless of the rain!

San Isidro de El...
reviews: 42
4. Re: Rain?

Hi Tang-Bailey,

You are in the Playa Hermosa forum so I assume you will be up in that area. That is the start of the dry season and the weather should be very nice. You will still have the benefit of the green season in terms of beautiful green countrysides with few of the rains. Still a chance of a shower but your days should be great for getting out and enjoying the area. Average rainfall for that month up there is only 4 inches.

Have fun!

Sue

5. Re: Rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 16, 2009