We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

Which Playa Hermosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

I'm traveling to Costa Rica end of Oct and wish to stay for a month.

Is it better value to rent an apartment or stay at a hotel for the duration? I'm a keen surfer and looking to explore this beautiful coast but on a budget. please help? :)

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
1. Re: Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

Your best bet for cheap accommodation for a month is to arrange something once you are there. I would first rent a car and do some exploring, especially of other beach towns that specialize in surfing such as Playa Negra. You can then look around for inexpensive lodging in a cabina or even a room in someone's home. After you have settled, you can return your car. ( This should only take a few days. )

Also - if you do a search on Google for surfing Costa Rica, you would find a wealth of information about beach towns with great surfing as well as places to stay. One place to look at in Hermosa is Hotel Cabinas Ecotel. They are inexpensive and have rooms and apartments. Otherwise, Playa Hermosa is not generally a place with lots of cheap accommodations.

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
2. Re: Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

Ooops - just noticed this is a duplicate. Duh on me.

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

Thank you Hattie :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

Stay a few days in a hotel...and I know for sure somebody will have that special place you are looking for...and then you just have to do what you like in life...SURF!

roadadvisor

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

Thanks Roadadvisor, appreciate the advice :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

Any time...I used to stay in a small place around Potts Point...love your city...in any way I can help you please let me know...

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

7. Re: Cheap accom in Playa Hermosa for a month stay in Nov..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, March 23, 2011