We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

Which Playa Grande hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
reviews: 23
RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

I've been going over the TripAdvisor reviews a lot and can't decide btwn RipJack Inn and Las Tortugas. Las Tortugas sounds like a more authentic experience and is closer to the water but is missing some of the basics (such as a safe in the room), while RipJack Inn seems to have these basics and might have a bit nicer rooms, however it seems like a less authentic experience and is further from the beach. Anyone out there been to both and able to comment?

Thanks!!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

Dear Med´´

Nice to be so close to the beach and even from some turtles nesting sites...I will go for Las Tortugas..even that they are a little basic...nice people run the place...

roadadvisor

Oakland, California
2. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

Thank you for your reply. Any other input from anyone else?

reviews: 1
3. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

Do not go to Las Tortugas. We just stayed there and they do not even have all of the amenities listed on their site. We paid for 10 days, 2 days into our stay the power went out and we had limited water, toilets and no power for more than 18 hours. We left at the advice of on site management and they won't refund any of our money. Now they are claiming that none of it ever happened.

Costa Rica
reviews: 4
4. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

I love Rip Jack. Great food, and the hotel is really cute.

Oakland, California
5. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

Hi jorga247, are you sure this is the correct las tortugas hotel? The one I'm interested in is in playa grande but the one you reviewed appears to be in a different location (I read the property review you posted. ) If it is the playa grande location, would you be able to comment further on the power outage etc. thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

Some times some power outage around Guanacaste beaches...I´m surprised if is the same hotel...since the people at Tortugas are extremelly nice...and very decent people!

roadadvisor

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 55
7. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

I like the RipJack Inn, I've stayed there a few times over the years and really like it. Nice rooms, cool friendly atmosphere there when hanging out, the owners are great there. I guess I am biased towards RipJack but from my experience its been an excellent place. Originally I had considered Las Tortugas as well but did not like what I was seeing in some of the reviews, reports of some theft at the place, that was years ago though and not sure what it is like now but I chose RipJack back then because they seemed to have more consistent reviews.

Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 17
8. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

I have not stayed at either (yet).... and was considering both as well. After doing all the reserach I could possibly do for quite a few months, we decided to go with RipJack Inn. 14 days and counting!

9. Re: RipJack Inn Vs Las Tortugas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, November 13, 2014