We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dearborn Heights...
reviews: 38
Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

Need some advice & information please....booking my vaca for Flamingo Beach Resort today for end of January. Can anyone give me a good reference with pricing for either a taxi or van/shuttle service round trip from airport to this resort? I can always choose round trip transfers online through where I'm booking trip but has been my experience this way is always a little more expensive as with booking excursions online. Any recommendations for some excursions & pricing (if known) for the Playa Flamingo area much appreciated. I have looked through T.A.'s adventures & am looking at ATV tours, possible river cruise and/or jet ski tours & of course would like to maybe visit a wildlife sanctuary....any other suggestions from the destination experts? Thanks for any suggestions! Also is anyone familiar with the above resort? Thought I read somewhere that the beach is across the street from this resort?

Toronto
1. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

www.ecotranscostarica.com is very good, and inexpensive. Will run you about $50 R/T P/P.

Dearborn Heights...
2. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

thanks so much for the info....anything else you can suggest as far as excursion referrals? I'm looking at a few that I found on T.A.

Toronto
3. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

paloverdeboattours.com is the best boat cruise in the general vicinity.

There is a decent ATV/zipline combo tour that is offered to the Congo Trail. We've done it twice. The hotel can likely set it up for you or point you to someone local who can.

Jet skis can be rented from guys on the beach. If Flamingo doesn't have any, they also hang out on Playa Conchal beach.

A wildlife sanctuary will be more difficult. There is one in Portegolpe (http://monkeyparkfoundation.org), about a 20 minute drive from Flamingo. I'm not aware of any others that are close.

Dearborn Heights...
4. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

thanks so much!

Minneapolis
reviews: 6
5. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

We stayed at Flamingo Beach Resort two years ago and used EcoTrans for both RT airport transfers and excursions. EcoTrans has an office about a block from the resort, so was very convenient to stop by and set something up for the following morning. Really enjoyed working with these guys. As for the resort- Yes, there is a "road" between the property and beach, but it is very small with very little traffic. A non-issue. We really liked the resort and would totally stay there again. Enormous pool with swim up bar. Only constructive criticism would be the restaurant was overpriced and not very good. However, there are several good choices that are walking distance. Marie's and the Monkey Bar were favorites...

Dearborn Heights...
6. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

Thanks for your input MN_Jeff! Really excited about going to Costa Rica & staying at the Flamingo Resort. I've also looked at those restaurants you mentioned to visit while there. Since you have stayed at this resort, can you tell me about what rooms are good for a ocean view? I've booked a "pool side" room & have heard that the 2nd floor rooms would be the best & the higher number the room, the better view. Do you or anyone else happen to know if there is a room view layout of the resort or anything like that available to look at online? Thanks in advance for any info!

Minneapolis
reviews: 6
7. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

If possible, you will definitely want a 2nd/3rd floor room. The 1st floor is actually more half underground. They still have patios, but there is NO view from these, and they have about a half a flight of steps to get up to the ground level. We had one of these our first night there and had them move us to 2nd floor.

As for view, there are two wings to the resort and they are both angled in a "V" shape so most 2nd/3rd floor rooms should have some line of sight to the ocean, but obviously the ones out toward the ends of the "V" will be best (these are furthest from the front desk).

San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

ECOTRANS... nobody as good as they are in Guanacaste...and they are local people!

roadadvisor

Dearborn Heights...
9. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

Thanks everyone for your replies....appreciate it!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
10. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort & Round Trip Transfers from Airport

We used Xplore for both airport shuttle and tours and they were great. We did an excursion to Vandara and did the catamaran and both were a lot of fun.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Flamingo