We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Liberi??

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 64
Visit to Liberi??

Staying in Flamingo Beach for 1 week. would like to know if its worth making the trip to visit Liberia for the day? And if so where to go (taking taxi or maybe a bus) and what to do? Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Visit to Liberi??

Liberia is nice...but not much to see...if you are in Flamingo maybe Santa Cruz or even Nicoya...

Nicoya is more traditional little town...nice all church...like Mission style !

If you can rent a car...you will see a lot more...!

But yes you can take public buses!

roadadvisor

Scottsdale, Arizona
2. Re: Visit to Liberi??

Thank you roadadvisor I will do some research on both mentioned areas. I dont think we are too keen on driving, less headache.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
3. Re: Visit to Liberi??

A nice day trip around Liberia is a visit to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Lots of nature, adventure, and volcanic activity to observe.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Visit to Liberi??

As always Jose B...is correct...nice easy ride from LIR to Hotel HAcienda Guachiplein by Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...a lot to do around there!

From Liberia 45 minutes from Flamingo about 2 hours...great road all the way!

roadadvisor

Scottsdale, Arizona
5. Re: Visit to Liberi??

Yes I am considering taking the volcano tour - with tour guide as I wont be renting a car. Thank you both.

Tamarindo, Costa...
6. Re: Visit to Liberi??

I have also found that souvenier shopping is a little more exciting and a little less expensive than the Flamingo area. Its worth a quick drive along the main road to see if you can pick up a few t-shirts. If you are taking a tour to the Rincon area, you might be able to ask for a quick detour on your way home!

Scottsdale, Arizona
7. Re: Visit to Liberi??

Yes I would imagine things might be a bit more expensive in a smaller resort town. Thanks for the tip BW.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
8. Re: Visit to Liberi??

http://www.ecotranscostarica.com/ is located in Flamingo you can talk to them about a guided tour

9. Re: Visit to Liberi??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2013