We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

We are looking at 2 houses. One on Playa Flamingo, the other on Playa Potrero. The houses are similar in size, cost, amenities, etc. Can someone please advise as to which is the "better" beach? Flamingo looks to have sugary white sand, whereas Potrero has dark sand. Is this true? Is one rokier than the other? If you had to choose one beach vs the other, which would you choose and why? Thank you so much for your help. Can't wait to get down there.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

I n a way I like better Flamingo...at least on the sand quality...I really like Potrero ...but if you compare sands...I have to said FLAMINGO!

roadadvsior

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

Flamingo has a nicer beach. Have a great time!

Tamarindo
3. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

Flamingo nicer sand - more people though as the Flamingo Beach Resort is right in front.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
4. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

If you just want to go by sand color then yes Flamingo has prettier sand. I really like Potrero though. Flamingo has more going on, Potrero is really quiet. The views of the bay are beautiful at night and you can walk to Flamingo.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

That is incredible...one of the few times that every body agrees...we are doing a lot better at least this time!

roadadvisor

guanacaste
reviews: 31
6. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

Flamingo is a very good option.

Do plan a trip to places like Palo Verde and Rincon de la Vieja Volcano.

tamarindo
7. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

Flamingo is real nice option I agree with all the people here

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
8. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

I am in agreement with everyone on the beach but I would still prefer to stay in Potrero - a way nicer place to be!

Tamarindo, Costa...
9. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

Flamingo is real good option, potrero is nice to difficult decision

10. Re: Beaches - Playa Flamingo v. Playa Potrero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 31, 2013