We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Cars - A few questions

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 3
Rental Cars - A few questions

We are thinking of coming with a group of 10. (1) Will we need to rent cars? (2) If so, whould we rent them at the airport or (3) should we take a shuttle and rent them in Flamingo? (4) Can anyone give me an idea of the rates?

Thanks

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 4
1. Re: Rental Cars - A few questions

With 10 people, a shuttle would be really cheap. I'd wait until Flamingo to rent a car. As for price, depends on the car(s), and insurance, could be anywhere from $50 on up per day. You'll probably need at least two cars, unless you find a van, and there are not a lot of those.

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Rental Cars - A few questions

Two cars would be better in case not all of you wanted to do the same thing at the same time. If you did want a van you'd better order it in advance. You probably will find that you're not venturing out every day so you may want to spend the first few days doing nothing much and then get the cars for the 2nd half of your vacation. Any agency will bring them to you. I would recommend that you get 4X4 vehicles for the higher clearance. A 5 passenger SUV will run about $90/day with the basic insurance.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Rental Cars - A few questions

I will go for the shuttle as Allylam is suggesting...and once at your destiantion...have the cars delivered!!

Good idea to have two vehicles!

roadadisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
4. Re: Rental Cars - A few questions

agree with Ally and Luis. 2 cars would probably be better. Rates depend on the company but word to the wise cheaper is not always better with rental cars here.

Cheers

5. Re: Rental Cars - A few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Flamingo