We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mud Baths?

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 60
Mud Baths?

Hi I read about mud baths but the author didn't mention where! Can someone tell me more about this and where it can be found? I am staying at Flamingo Beach Resort. Also any nightlife near by?? Thanks!

Cartago, Costa Rica
1. Re: Mud Baths?

For mud baths you would need a tour to rincon de la vieja volcano area. For night life visit the tamarindo area

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
2. Re: Mud Baths?

They have good mud baths at Hacienda Guachipelin, Rincon de la Vieja. As Franciscojh said, Tamarindo is the place for nightlife. Its about 20 minutes south of Flamingo.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 60
3. Re: Mud Baths?

Wonderful!

Has either one of you done the mud baths? If so what is your opinion? Thanks.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
4. Re: Mud Baths?

I did a few years ago. Honestly I didn't think much of it, but most of the others that were with us thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

We did the Adventure Pass first, which was A LOT of fun. This was also included, so we went along. You get painted with volcanic mud, wait a while and then get in the hot spring tubs to wash off.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
reviews: 42
5. Re: Mud Baths?

I have done it, too. It's alright and even fun if you are a larger group. As a couple, I would probably not have liked it too much.

It's all very rustic and reminded me more of rolling around in a pit of mud than anything resembling a Spa experience. Which is the very reason why it is so much more fun in a group...

6. Re: Mud Baths?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, June 22, 2013