We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roosterfish

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 17
Roosterfish

My son in law would love to fish for ROOSTERFISH while in Playa Hermosa in April. I know they can be caught closer to shore. Any suggestions for an excursion thT won't break the bank?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Roosterfish

Hum they are a great catch...but the best is check with locals once you are there!

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
2. Re: Roosterfish

Agreed with roadadvisor. There are a couple fishermen that work the beach at Playa Hermosa. Whatever you do, tell them you want for them to catch the bait (bonita) before you go. Otherwise, you'll end up spending half the time fishing for bait.

3. Re: Roosterfish

Good advise....never would have thought of that! Thank you.

Guanacaste, Costa...
4. Re: Roosterfish

You can request info about prices and boats here:

www.costa-rica-fishingtrips.com/our-boats.htm

these guys are in Coco but also pick up by boat from Playa Hermosa and can give you some useful info. Good idea to bring bait (ladyfish and rainbow runner are also good bait for roosterfish) before you go.

No a big boat is necessary for inshore fishing, a panga or center console would be ok.

Costa Rica
5. Re: Roosterfish

And advice about saving money on a fishing trip is to contact the businesses online before you get here to see if they can try and pair you up with another couple or put your son in law on a boat (if he is the only person in your group that wants to go) that way the Per Person Rate is less. Fishing boats usually charge for the boat, not per person. So if they know in advance that he wants to join a trip, they can have time to coordinate it. Know what I mean?

I know, personally, Lisa and Mauricio who run North Pacific Tours and I like them because they are responsible fishers. They do not let the clients keep the young fish, too young to reproduce, instead those are released. Some operations let the clients keep any fish they catch, even if it's too small or illegal! Why? to make the clients happy and hopefully earn a nice fat tip. North Pacific Tours; http://papagayofishing.typepad.com/

6. Re: Roosterfish

Thank you

Costa Rica
7. Re: Roosterfish

You're welcome!

:)

8. Re: Roosterfish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:48 am, August 29, 2013
9. Re: Roosterfish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 30, 2014