We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Girardeau...
Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Hello,

We are staying at the Riu Palace Costa Rica during the second week of February. We are interested in doing day trips from the hotel and would like to know of the best tour options for the following:

1. Whitewater rafting

2.Volcano hiking

3. Zip lines

4. Canyoneering/rappelling

Thank you for your help.

John

27 replies to this topic
Costa Rica
reviews: 24
1. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

This will answer all your questions: http://www.guachipelin.com/one-day-pass.html

In addition, there are four National Parks you can visit: Rincon de la Vieja, Santa Rosa, Palo Verde and Tenorio.

Sorry you chose the RIU Palace for your stay. Someone once described it as the "most hated hotel in Costa Rica" and rightly so.

Next time, maybe just book a trip to Costa Rica and enjoy the freedom and flexibility of staying somewhere "off the reservation." There are many many comfortable hotels and resorts to choose from as well as excellent restaurants.

Edited: 12:38 pm, January 13, 2013
2. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 22, 2014
Edited: 5:05 pm, April 22, 2014

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
3. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

If you want to know more about the RIU and local reaction, you can search this forum. There are quite a few lively discussions!

If you have made a booking that you can't change, then that's too bad. But I am sure you will still enjoy all that Costa Rica has to offer.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
4. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Rincon de la Vieja volcano, is active, interesting option

Palo Verde boat trip

susnset tour out of El Coco

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Thank you Hattie very hard to add anything else...

roadadvisor

Cape Girardeau...
6. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Thanks everybody for the help. As far as the hotel, we are going with a large group and I did not pick the location. I am aware of the controversy about the hotel clearing the jungle before building it.

Marseilles, IL
reviews: 1
7. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Memo Adventures - Memo is great - our plane arrived early and he was there waiting for us with a clean van and plenty of drinks - he took my husband and son on a whitewater rafting trip with world class whitewater rafters - Memo also took us to a monkey rescue shelter and my daughter played with a baby howler monkey - we went ziplining - on the Palo Verde National Forest Trip which was amazing - and he took us all to a beach so my kids could take surfing lessons - we also stayed at the Riu Palace - but spent most of our time on adventures with Memo - Memo took us to a local place to eat so we could experience Costa Rican food and culture - We felt safe and all our adventures with him were first class. I hope you have the same opportunities and experience we did - Best Vacation Ever!!!

Commerce Township...
8. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Finishing a week at Riu Palace where the rooms are immaculate, the staff friendly and helpful, the food is great and have managed to enjoy zip lining, ATV tour of the countryside and beach, white water rafting, offshore fishing and scuba diving. This property gets 5 stars and the country is fantastic for vacationing. No complaints. This property is a little out of the way but as a result no hassles or hustle and bustle. Plan to rent a car or hire one for day trips solo or a tour bus w a group.

Bronx, New York
9. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Hi!

How much did you pay for each one of your tours?

Cape Girardeau...
10. Re: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica

Hi KP

We ended up doing the one day "Pure Adrenaline Adventure" at Guachapelin Resort. We had a group of 12 and paid $127.00 per person. The all-day tour included a horseback ride, whitewater inter-tubing (a real blast!), zip lining, rappelling, a "Tarzan" swing, rock climbing, a volcano mud bath and hot springs. We also did a sailboat trip with Sea Bird Sailing Excursions and paid about $70 per person.

Reply to: Day trips from Riu Palace Costa Rica
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted