We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Trip

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis...
reviews: 11
Fishing Trip

I am interested in doing some offshore fishing while I am in Coco in January. I am traveling with my girlfriend and from what I have seen most charter companies have a minimum of 4 people, and are in the hundreds of dollar range for a half day. Does anyone have any advice of a company that would provide fishing for 2 people on the cheaper side of things, maybe $50 -100 per person on a smaller boat in the Coco/Hermosa area.

Edited: 2:42 pm, November 15, 2012
Costa Rica
reviews: 7
1. Re: Fishing Trip

If you looking to do a fishing trip with JUST the two of you, then that would be booking a private charter, which would be more expensive.

In January Coco is full of tourists.

What we do with our business, as fishing charters do as well, is pair people up. Contact a few fishing charter and let them know the dates you are available and they will do their best to pair you up with other folks. The more people they find, the lower the cost for you because sport fishing charters usually have a set rate for half, 3/4 or full day charters.

Local fishing charters; papagayofishing.typepad.com/papagayo_fishing/

https://www.facebook.com/crfishingcharters.cr

Just to name a couple! There are many to choose from........

Don't let the 4 person minimum hold you back! Couples are very common and it's a great way to meet other travelers.

Pura vida

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Fishing Trip

Once in Coco´s shop around...do not prepay anything...once you see the boat and meet with captain...then you can pay...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
3. Re: Fishing Trip

Doing that lowers your chances of finding other couples or groups to join. There are plenty of reputable sport fishing businesses, with great reviews on TripAdvisor, so it is OK to reserve ahead of time.

Unless he wants a private tour! He might show up in Coco and say he has 2 people, what's the best price, but still, he should not be afraid to reserve ahead of time. But to me it sounded like he wanted to join a group or be paired up in order to get the best price to go fishing.

I meant to mention this business in downtown Coco;

http://sportfishingbluemarlin.com/Default.asp

Juan Carlos is the owner and he knows all the sport fishing charter options. Couldn't hurt to email him and let him know you want to find another couple or group to go out with on a certain date.

Annapolis...
4. Re: Fishing Trip

Thanks, I will contact the companies mentioned and see what they have to offer.

On another note, Out of the following 3 towns where do you think I would be able to find some good fishing off a boat for the cheapest,

Coco, Brasilito, Samara

I am not set on fishing in Coco, I will go in which ever town I find the best deal.

thanks

Leitrim, Ireland
reviews: 75
5. Re: Fishing Trip

A word of advise do not use Kingfisher Sportfishing, we had a awful experience with them last week review to follow.

Annapolis...
6. Re: Fishing Trip

Thanks Siberian,,,,i think I have heard something similar about them before.

Costa Rica
7. Re: Fishing Trip

I honestly don't know any fishing charters in Samara or Brasilito, but I do know that the competition is very high here in Coco as far as sport fishing charters go, so you might find a better price here. I do not know. Maybe you should post that question in the Samara and Brasilito forums to see who can help you.

8. Re: Fishing Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 16, 2013