We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
25 miles north of...
reviews: 6
Fishing

Staying a month in Playa del Coco this coming Feb-March. Would like to go deep sea fishing 2 or 3 times. Most of the websites I have researched on line for fishing charters in that area seem to be charging $500 and higher for half day fishing. (this seems a little high compared to other places we have fish in other parts of the pacific and caribbean) Should I be booking on line and with who?? or am I better off dealing in person when I get there??

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
1. Re: Fishing

There are different prices for different types of boats and yachts and it also depends on how many people go out on the deep sea fishing cruise you choose. Feb and March are pretty busy months but you should easily be able to book a tour once you get here. Especially since you have so much time, a whole month, to do so.

There is a lot of sport fishing competition here so come and shop around and look at the boats when you're here.

You'll most likely get better rates doing it that way.

25 miles north of...
2. Re: Fishing

Thanks for that.----Looking forward to some good fishing!!!!

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
3. Re: Fishing

If you like, you can email me when you get here. I know a lot of people with fishing charters and they have all different kinds of boats. Anything from a basic panga to a luxury yacht. I'll be happy to connect you with some people in that business.

Pura vida

Heather

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Fishing

The best is to book or shop around once you are here...do not prepay anything...you are going to have time to ask around...

roadadvisor

25 miles north of...
5. Re: Fishing

Okay I will keep you in mind and if I have trouble finding what I want for fishing I will contact you back.----THANKS

6. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 20, 2013