We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Danvers
Honeymoon

My fiancé's aunt owns a condo in Pacifico on playa del coco. She has very nicely offered to let us stay in her condo on our honeymoon for free as a wedding gift. My only concern is, we are getting married June 22, 2013 and a lot of what I've researched says June is part of the rainy season. I really don't want to spend my honeymoon in a rain poncho, is it worth going to costa rica in June? Will be disappointed? Can we still experience all costa rica has to offer despite being there during the rainy season? Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Honeymoon

Some rain but not crazy...maybe some late afternoon showers...very rarely will rain the whole day long !

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
2. Re: Honeymoon

A great bonus for you is that we normally get a "veranito" (a little summer) right around the end of June to beginning of July. Not to mention the fact that Costa Rica receives just as many visitors in June & July than it does in March & April, which is the peak of our non-rainy season (based on #'s from the ICT 2011 survey). The bottom line is that you won't be alone in travelling during these times, and if it were truly so bad, people probably would have stopped coming during those months a long time ago.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
3. Re: Honeymoon

Agree with others. Costa Rica has a lot of micro-climates and while this is rainy season, the north Pacific coast gets much less rain than the rest of the country. The area shouold be at its most beautiful after a little rain to green things up. I would definitely encourage you to go at this time of year.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
4. Re: Honeymoon

Hope you had a happy and dry honeymoon - do let us know how it went!

guanacaste
reviews: 31
5. Re: Honeymoon

AS roadadvisor says, it doesn't rain all day, come and enjoy Coco, nice area, nice condos at Pacifico. Great wedding gift.

Houma Louisiana
reviews: 13
6. Re: Honeymoon

Contact the concierge office at the Pacifico Beach Club if you haven't already to make plans. They are the most helpful group and will assist you in any way.

Clubconcierge@jpcfl.com

7. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 16, 2013