We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Tour in July?

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Brunswick, New...
reviews: 53
Snorkeling Tour in July?

We are arriving next week and was wondering if it's worth taking a snorkeling tour in July. I have been there in both April and August but haven't once snorkelled but am looking to try something new.

Is it worth doing this time of the year or is it much better in dry season?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Snorkeling Tour in July?

Depends on how much rain we have around the dates you are planning to take the tour...less rain...better chances to have clear water!

Of course is better around dry season!

roadadvisor

Berkeley Heights...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Snorkeling Tour in July?

The snorkling was horrible last week. Very murky water, not much fish, and strong currents. Not sure if this is the norm for the country, of if this is a rainy season, Pacific coast thing. Im sure the east coast would have better snorkling overall, but I dont think CR is known for snorkling. Dont get your hopes up, or plan a different activity.

East Brunswick, New...
reviews: 53
3. Re: Snorkeling Tour in July?

Jonkarn, Thanks for the feedback. Just curious, who did you use for the snorkling?

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 6
4. Re: Snorkeling Tour in July?

I would wait to booked any snorkeling tour until you are there, the rains and storms can really affect the water quality.

guanacaste
reviews: 33
5. Re: Snorkeling Tour in July?

You should try to contact Brenda and MArtin directly richcoastdiving.com/Rich_Coast_Diving/Welcom…

They know the area well.

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
6. Re: Snorkeling Tour in July?

I don't know exactly where Jonkarn went snorkeling last week, but we had GREAT visibility and saw octopus, eels, the BIGGEST puffer fish I think I've ever seen in my life, and had great winds for sailing to and from the snorkeling spot.

If you go snorkeling near a river outlet off the beach during rainy season, you will sometimes get bad visibility, but when you know where to go, this is an excellent time of year to go! See for yourself, we took underwater photos just last week, so you can see the octopus and giant puffer fish and great visibility yourself. These are photos I took on July 14th, the whole snorkeling trip; https:/…20120714

My answer to seaport104 is YES, it is worth it to go snorkeling this time of year!

Berkeley Heights...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Snorkeling Tour in July?

I was snorkeling in Manuel Antonio. We went out on The Ocean King, which is a great catamaran, but there was not much to see. Maybe we didn't go out far enough in the boat, or maybe it's just that it was bad timing.

8. Re: Snorkeling Tour in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 20, 2013