We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playas del Coco to Arenal

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spicewood, Texas
reviews: 64
Playas del Coco to Arenal

We are staying in Sunset Coco and planning a day trip to la Fortuna and Arenal Volcano. Looking for drive time from someone that has actually made the trip.... Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

Dear callmaniac

It is around 4 hours each way..nice ride but can be long for some people...you most drive to Liberia...then to Cañas...maybe some nice break at Pumas Sanctuary...see the big rain forest cats...maybe somenthing to eat at La Pacifica and then keep going!

Most people like to do it overnight...but if you guys do not care about spending 10 or more hours travelling around...GO FOR IT...it is a great way to spend a day driving around my country!

roadadvisor

Spicewood, Texas
2. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

Thanks for the insights! If you live in Playas del Coco I would like to know a little more about the area.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
3. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

I don't live in Playas del Coco but have been there recently. What kind of information are you looking for?

There's a lot of information available online for Playas del Coco.

Spicewood, Texas
4. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

Thanks for the quick replies!! We are staying at Sunset Coco with friends staying at Jade at Las Palmas. Neither of us have been there before and are trying to determine how far we are from one another.

Costa Rica
5. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

This is a pretty good map but not sure it shows what you are looking for.

guanacastetogo.com/playas-del-coco-costa-ric…

Maybe you could look up the directions for both of them and figure it out from that combined with the map.

Sorry, I don't remember exactly where these are. Basically, Playas del Coco is pretty small so they shouldn't be that far apart.

Edited: 5:06 pm, November 29, 2011
Spicewood, Texas
6. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

Fantastic! Thanks again.

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

Dear callmaniac..

Coco´s beach is a tiny area...but now days...with a lot of condos...villas ...etc...most places are not more than 20 minutes walking and a few minutes by car...two great places for grocery shopping..El Luperon and Auto Mercado...maybe good idea buy some wine ...etc at Duty Free...since they are expensive in Cocos as anywhere else around the country!

roadadvisor

Spicewood, Texas
8. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

Do any regional airlines fly to the la Fortuna area from Liberia?

Costa Rica
9. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

I'm not sure -- you can check the websites of Nature Air and Sansa. Probably Nature Air your best bet, but look at both.

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
10. Re: Playas del Coco to Arenal

Buenos dias!

I live in Coco and love the drive to Arenal. Some people have told me that I drive slow like an old lady, but that's the speed I prefer, especially with such beautiful scenery on the way. For me, it takes between 4 and 5 hours, depending on where we stop to eat, use the restroom, fill the tank and other errands on the way. I think 4.5 hours is the average for me to get from Coco to the volcano....after the long drive around the lake.

It is one of my most favorite places to visit and when my family friends come down, that is where we go.

Enjoy! Feel free to email me directly, or call, if you need other suggestions around here! Heather

SeaBirdCR@gmail.com

Local cell phone; 8880-6393

Pura vida and safe travels!