We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito's

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Mosquito's

Can anyone tell me if they are going to be a problem? We are staying in a villa outside of playas del Coco mid March. Thanks

Tamarindo
reviews: 3
1. Re: Mosquito's

In the daytime there isn't a problem with mosquito's. At sunset, it is best to put on a little bug repellent

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Mosquito's

Just bring some repellent.... they love me ...with repellent ...they hate me!

roadadvisor

San Francisco...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Mosquito's

Bring the bug spray for sure and the wipes are great to carry when you are out and about hiking or on tours. Personally, they (mosquito's) don't like me much but are attracted to my husband and son. Early morning and sunset seem to be the worst time. Better to be safe than sorry! There are wonderful grocery stores in CoCo if you forget to bring them but I always pack them before we leave and buy more if necessary. The "Do It" center on the way to Hermosa and CoCo also have the coils if you are down there for an extended period of time and want extra protection while you enjoy the view! Have a wonderful vacation!

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
4. Re: Mosquito's

Be prepared for them, bring some Cutter Advance, if you don't need it, great!

San Francisco...
reviews: 44
5. Re: Mosquito's

Avon skin so soft or another picardin repellent works quite well. Avon has a sunscreen product with picardin that is especially great because it combats no-see-ums during the day and mosquitos at dusk and dawn, double protection, sun and buggies.

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: Mosquito's

Does that mean Off! or Cutter (deet products) do not repel no-see-ums?

Mosquitos in Chicago love me, yes, but those no-see-ums get my lower legs every time we go to Florida. So I need to cover both bases!

BTW, at Walmart (in USA) near the checkouts they have mini cans of Off!. I picked one up to keep in our day pack.

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
7. Re: Mosquito's

Cutter Advance has Picaridin, it works great and less oily than deet products,

my son swears by Avon products, but mosquitoes love me with it, and Cutter and deet products, which I don't like to use, are the only thing that help me.

Playa Hermosa
8. Re: Mosquito's

March is still the dry season. Mosquito's are pretty rare in the dry season here in the Coco area (but that does not necessarily apply to the rest of the country). They do exist, but it's 1% of what it's like in Florida.

9. Re: Mosquito's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 07, 2010