We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st paul mn
reviews: 26
Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

Two adults looking for quiet and relaxation? Which feels less sterile and lke a giant complex? I have hotel points for both and need to decide. Trip is end of May so hoping less crowds ?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

I'd go with the JW Marriott, unless you're really a fan of all-inclusives. Especially, if quiet and relaxation are in order.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
2. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

I like both. The beach at Westin is very nice.

JW could be more for adults.

Apollo Beach...
reviews: 32
3. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

If you want a party scene, go to the Westin. I personally hated it. In fact, I'd just returned from a blissful stay in Arenal, checked into the Westin and literally after getting to the room, had a breakdown. It was awful. We promptly checked out, although they gave us a hard time about it....paid them one night, and high tailed it to the JW. On arrival at the JW, I realized my vacation had been saved. I still get chills when I think about the Westin.

st paul mn
reviews: 26
4. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

Thank you thank you. My plan is to spend some easy days there and then head to the Arenal area for a few nights which sounds more interesting . I think I Will pick the Marriott . Very much appreciate the feedback

Playa Conchal...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

Westin is all inclusive

Marriot very expensive food

Westin great snorkeling

Marriot great golf

Westin next to Bradilito town

Marriot in the midle of nowhere

Best tripadvisor reviews at the Westin

Not so much Marriott.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 10
6. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

JChip, what was so awful about the Westin? We will be at The Springs Resort and Spa at Arenal for a few days, and then we are going to the Westin. Can you tell me what you didn't like about it?

Toronto
7. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

Party scene at the Westin? Whaaaaaatttt? I've stayed there 20 times and couldn't find a party scene even when I was looking for it. Perhaps there was a rowdy convention crowd when JChip was there. That can happen anywhere. Usually, most everyone is in bed by 10.

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 8
8. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

I'd say if you want relaxing then go for the J.W. Any bad reviews for the Marriott usually are a result of people not being aware that they are 20-25 minutes from Tamarindo town. There is a shuttle to get you to town or you should consider renting a car at least for a few days to get yourself around easily. The rental will pay for itself by eating in Tamarindo and there are so many good restaurants to choose from too.

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 159
9. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

Having stayed at the Westin, we did not see or hear in party scene while we were there. In fact, that is why we went there to be able to unwind and relax after 10 days of non stop activities in other parts of the country. We would go back any time, and actually do plan on going back for a few days on our next trip down.

10. Re: Which is better for two adults Westin orMarriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 20, 2014