We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No feed policy for the kitties

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carle Place, New...
reviews: 2
No feed policy for the kitties

I have read nothing but excellent reviews about the Westin up until this one. Did anyone else see these starving skinny kitties and told NOT TO FEED THEM? I am a big animal lover and that would really upset me. I understand not feeding the wildlife but they can find their own food. Cats can't.The review even stated that they were reprimanded!!!

Michigan
reviews: 19
21. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

You would think that the Westin would have enough money to maintain the property, including to spay/neuter the kitties.... or at least feed them!

Please let us know the property's response.

Carle Place, New...
22. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

Hi Travellover,

Thank you for your support ! I will keep you informed!!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
23. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

I feed stray animals everywhere I go, never had a bad experience in doing so for the entirety of my life and even more so in my 15 years in CR, quite the contrary.

You see a dog or a cat and want to feed them, by all means do. Little to no danger to you in doing so and everyone could always use extra Karma points. I say feed them all.

Cheers

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
reviews: 31
24. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

To feed them is to breed them. Do you really want more stray cats? If you want to help them support http://costaricapetcare.com/index.html

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
25. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

Right. Spaying and neutering is the answer.

I wonder if Dawn and Sid can go do spay and neuter clinics at places like the Westin and Villas Sol Hotel?

To send an email and ask; info@costaricapetcare.com

Carle Place, New...
26. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

David,

We all agree that is the answer.!!! Feeding them should always be done with spay and neuter. I still don't even know how many cats there are at the Westin. I am just going by a review that someone wrote on trip Advisor that how it sadded them to see the condition of these starving cats.

I am not arriving at the Westin until November. So at that time I am going to talk to the manager.

Playa Conchal...
reviews: 21
27. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

How was the Westin Playa Conchal?I

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
28. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

I'm anxious to hear too, Cathie20.

What did the manager say about a humane trap and spay/ neuter action instead of a "turn your head and ignore" action?

cape cod...
reviews: 27
29. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

Cathie are you there?

Carle Place, New...
30. Re: No feed policy for the kitties

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I have been so busy since I got home last week with the holiday & all that I haven't had a chance yet to write my review.

The Westin was awesome! I had a fantastic time!!!

I have to tell you that I only saw one cat the whole week stay that I was there.I walked all around the resort.The one cat that I did see was laying on one of the pool lounges.I put a can of cat food on a plate it smelt it then walked away???To me that showed me that the cat was not starving?? Even though I did not see any cats I did try and see the Hotel manager to discuss what I had read on trip advisor but was told that he was unavailable? I shared my concerns with the concierge and asked her if she would be kind enough to share my concerns along with the information that I had received on low cost spay/ neuter with Dawns Clinic in Costa Rica to the Hotel's manager and she assured me she would.

Anyone looking to book any kind of tours. I highly recommend Erik Garcia on the beach!!!! Erik it was a real pleasure meeting you and your crew!!!

I will write a full review as soon as I get alittle more freed up. But I loved the Westin Playa Conchal!!!!