We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liberia to westin?

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
collingswood, New...
reviews: 4
Liberia to westin?

Hi,

We are leaving for our first trip to costa rica in about 5 weeks. We are staying at the Westin Playa and I was wondering what the r/t cost is for 2 people? My travel agent is quoting me $168 r/t for a shared ride. Can I do better on my own?

I have a few additional questions, if you guys don't mind ....

How much is a taxi to Tamarindo?

Any restaurant recommendations? (we prefer non-touristy places with authentic cuisine)

Is there a store in Tamarindo to buy locally made cigars?

Are there any craft/souvenir items I should buy?

And lastly ...tours

I'm sort of confused as to what there is to do/see at the volcano (the closer one ). If it's going to be a billion degrees, I certainly don't want to do any strenuous activities (like hiking long distances ). I'm not exactly the athletic type to begin with. :-)

What about tubing in the river...is that close by?

we'd like to do the boat ride. And we really like ziplining as well (tho I've been places where one has quite a trek to the zipline ).

We are considering a half day fishing trip, but so far the prices ice seen are rather steep.

Thank you all in advance ...

Lin

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Liberia to westin?

Lin,

A private transfer is about $90 total, not per person.

Taxi to Tamarindo is about $25 each way but I think the Westin has a daily shuttle to town.

Tico Cuisine: Punto Tranquilo in Huacas, Que Tuanis in Huacas, Camaron Dorado in Brasilito, Guaymi in Huacas

Cigars - no there's no store but there is a guy running around town selling them. Note, they have Cuban wrappers on them but they're not Cuban.

Souvenirs: We have beautiful wooden products and ceramics and of course the coffee!

Re: Tours - there are all kinds of things to do. Rincon de la Vieja volcano is the closer one and the temps up there are a little cooler. In 5 weeks we'll be getting regular afternoon rains but just plan for it. Buena Vista, Canyon de la Vieja and Guachipelin for great combo tours. The tubing is in Guachipelin or the Canyon de la Veija; in combo or on it's own.

Catamaran sunset cruises operate daily and provide transportation. Ziplines can be done independent of a combo tour and they have tours 3 times daily with transportation. 30 min from the Westin.

Fishing charters can be expensive depending on the boat but a charter out of Tamarindo starts at $300 for a half day but does not include the transportation.

Hope that helps

collingswood, New...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Liberia to westin?

Thanks for all the good info!

Would you have a recommendation for a private transfer?

You mention buena vista, canyon de la vieja, guachipelin....what's there to do at these places?

Where is huacas? We will not be renting a car so we'll be relying on taxis.

Many thanks,

Lin

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Liberia to westin?

Xplore can do a private or get a taxi out of the airport - I misquoted though, it should be $80 not $90 to the Westin.

Buena Vista is an all day combo with horseback riding, zip lines, water slide and mud baths and hot springs all in one day. The Guachipelin is similar but instead of the hot springs they have river tubing. Canyon DLV is Rafting or Tubing, zip lines, rappel & rock climb and hot springs. Each one slightly different depending on your priorities.

Huacas is on the way to the Westin from the airport; about a 10 minute drive. You can walk into Brasilito from the hotel.

4. Re: Liberia to westin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, June 18, 2013