We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Bahia Luminosa

Which Nicoya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
reviews: 1
Hotel Bahia Luminosa

Wonderful wildlife right outside your door, nice pool, sheltered beach and the very helpful manager Finn Jonasson are this place's saving graces. But do not believe everything you see on the hotel website, especially the comments about the "abundant hot water" and rooms built to "American standards". I just came back after spending nearly a week there without any hot water in a room so filthy that it outdid any frat house or single men's group house I've ever seen. Be prepared to take your own ant traps and toilet brush, because the owner clearly considers these unnecessary expenditures. If I hadn't been travelling with a senior citizen and a small child, I'd have packed my bags and left within 24 hours of arrival.

1. Re: Hotel Bahia Luminosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:13 am, December 21, 2005
Washington, DC
reviews: 1
2. Re: Hotel Bahia Luminosa

The first negative review you've ever received?!! Give me a break. Those rooms are to be considered "American standards" only if you live in ratty public housing in crummy urban areas. Don't advertise hot water and boating activities if they are unavailable. I've travelled extensively, and this is the first time I've ever felt so swindled.

Gibbsboro
3. Re: Hotel Bahia Luminosa

Funny you should mention the above about Bahia Luminosa...

When I was there they did´t even have a liquor license in what they called their Bar/Restaurant. That didn´t stop them from selling illegally however.

The pool was so filthy that I would not have entered it if you paid me.

We requested the "Honeymoon Suite" which was a termite/ant infested shack with warped floors.

Swindled is a soft term for the crappy stay we experienced