We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Bugs at Allegro Papagayo????

Which Nicoya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario...
reviews: 3
Bed Bugs at Allegro Papagayo????

I will be travelling to the Allegro Papagayo soon and just read a recent posting of someone with respect to finding bed bugs there and taking them home with her?????

Has anyone else heard of this?!?!??! PLEASE let me know as this is the last thing that I want travelling home with me! I'm almost ready to just cancel the trip, as I hear they are ridiculously hard to get rid of.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 4
1. Re: Bed Bugs at Allegro Papagayo????

We were at the Allegro Papagayo 2 weeks ago, no bed bugs but other bad bug bites on legs only - which remained itchy for 3 days after we returned to Canada... see my review entitled "what you need to know".... recommend you upgrade to the Grand Papagayo resort, they should be able to do it since it's owned by the same company..we heard good things about it from other tourists, and much better beach.

Matt

Ottawa, Ontario...
2. Re: Bed Bugs at Allegro Papagayo????

Thanks Matt!

Unfortunately, the Grand Papagayo is where we wanted to stay...but, it was full when we booked two months ago (we're travelling over Christmas).

And, we plan on mainly using the Allegro Papagayo as a base camp while touring the island...but, I was VERY concerned when I read someone's very recent review about bed bugs.

Thank you for letting me know that you had no problems with respect to his. I'm hoping that the other reviewer was bitten by something else (as long as it doesn't travel home with me, I can handle it). LOL!

Thanks!!

Playa Hermosa...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Bed Bugs at Allegro Papagayo????

This time of year it is the no see ems that are biting especially on the beaches. Early morning and at dusk are the worst times so spray down with repellant.

As far as construction goes... I am told it is limited to the reception now.

Playa Hermosa...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Bed Bugs at Allegro Papagayo????

JMacLeod: FYI - Costa Rica is not an island. With regards to the Allegro, I have heard that they are having major issues with their sewage treatment plant so double check on this with the Hotel.

Ottawa, Ontario...
5. Re: Bed Bugs at Allegro Papagayo????

Thanks "Papagayo" and "Varillo" for your replies.

I realize Costa Rica is a country, not an island. But, I've travelled to Cuba the past 3 years and my fingers got away on me while typing my message about the trip. Sorry for the error.

And, I just got off the telelphone with Signature Vacations (through which I've booked the trip) and they stated that their "last quality control report indicated no problems whatsoever with the Allegro Papagayo resort".

So, I'm hoping beyond hope that they're being honest and I plan to call them again just before our departure to ensure that everything is still okay.

If anyone else has any other information, please let me know.

6. Re: Bed Bugs at Allegro Papagayo????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 14, 2009