We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Falls Church, VA
reviews: 17
Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

I'd appreciate some recommendations on private transportation for my family from the beaches to rincon de la vieja and then later liberia (2 days). I can get quotes from the hotels/places but I also was hoping to get individuals or companies that might be helpful- we would like to stop in/go grocery shopping along the way etc.

I am bilingual (from Spain) -agradeceria su ayuda- nos vamos en tres semanas.

10 replies to this topic
Edmonton Canada
reviews: 35
1. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

We own property in Tamarindo and have always used Xplore Costa Rica for our transfers and for tours for our guests. We have found them reliable, easy to deal with, and fair in their pricing.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
2. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

Xplore Costa Rica is a good choice as is EcoTrans. www.ecotranscostarica.com

Falls Church, VA
3. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

Thank you- I will contact them all. I might post this as a separate post but I was hoping to get advice on itinerary - the first part is set but we would be near playa conchal and from there have 2 nights and a long day until our flight. We are traveling with two young kids- one who can get altitude sickness- both really love nature and want to see wildlife. Based on distances, we were looking at going to rincon del viejo but then are still stuck with a half day waiting until our flight. Based on reviews, we thought to go to Borinquen and hire a car to take us (not drive). I am also waivering to rent a car, go to canas, boat tour palo verde, find a very low hanging, tame zipline (any ideas?), pumas wildlife reserve- leisure two days. Any thoughts from the CR experts would be appreciated. Again, I speak Spanish fluently, not my first time to CR but first time with kids.

Costa Rica
4. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

You could stay at Borinquen - but - it is pretty isolated.

It might be easier just to stay somewhere in Playas del Coco -- El Pacifico is excellent. Then you are not far from the things you want to do as well as the airport. Playas del Coco is about 20-30 minutes from the airport and about 1.5 hours from Rincon de la Vieja and about 1.5 hours from Canas and Las Pumas wildlife rehabilitation center.

There's also an excellent float trip near Las Pumas. You could stop by Rincon Corobici and arrange your float trip and then spend an hour or so at Las Pumas and return for the float trip -- lunch is included. www.rinconcorobici.com

I also recommend going to Santa Rosa National Park, just under two hours from Playas del Coco (depending on traffic). You can drive in and park at La Casona which is an old "hacienda" and farmstead and now a museum. La Casona figures prominently in Costa Rican history. There are also some easy and short trails nearby that would be good for your kids.

5. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, November 13, 2013

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

Eco Trans or Pacific Tours...simple the best...well known people...fully insure and with many years on the market!

roadadv isor

Falls Church, VA
7. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

Hi- which pacific tours is it (or can you send link to website)- I read about a pacific trades and a north pacific. There is also a pacific tours that does a lot of tours- some transfers. thank you!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
8. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

Thank you for a nice question PACIFIC TOURS e mail is....trans.ama@hotmail.com...www.pacifictourscostarica.com...

Great people 100% costaricans and from Guanacaste...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
9. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

That's a great website, roadadvisor! I've made note of it and will recommend them in the future. I know that you are very knowledgeable about things like that.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
10. Re: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure

You are WELCOME my dear querida amiga!!

roadadvisor

Reply to: Guancaste private transportatiion- reliable and secure
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted