We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals-Liberia airport

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MD
reviews: 12
Car rentals-Liberia airport

We can't use thrify as they don't open until 5Am and our flights leave at 6AM. And they won't let you just drop the car off (BOO thirfty!!)

Any suggestions on a good rental car company that we can pick up from at Liberia airport?

Indianapolis...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

We used National & I thought the customer service was great!

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

Stay as far as you can from ECONOMY...just in case check some reviews!

roadadvisor

San Jose
reviews: 22
3. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

I know that some of the rental cars in the area will let you drop off the car at the airport with the keys inside and they will pick it up later when they open the office. The downside to this is that you wont be able to check the car with the rep for any dents or scratches, but its an option to your early morning departure. Make sure you leave the car with the gas tank full to avoid any charges on this either. I would check with www.europcar.co.cr. I usually deal with them. You will always find mixed reviews on rental car companies, but in my case, no problems at all.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
4. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

Might I suggest, give up the car a few days early and shuttle back to Liberia. There is no way to avoid "additional costs" if you are not there to dispute, even filling the tank and dropping can be challenged. Because of CRs tight insurance a visual and documented damage report when you pick up, signed and accepted, then the same on return is the only way to go. Have a great holiday.

San Jose
reviews: 22
5. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

Yes, as I said, there is a downside to doing this. There is always the possibility of a problem for not being present, but its the only solution to the early morning drop off. Otherwise, to avoid any hassle the best is to take Cajon's suggestion and return it the day before.

MD
reviews: 12
6. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

Good suggestions! We're thinking of just returning it the day before and catching a shuttle.

Once more question: is 75.00 a day a reasonable price for a 4WD in CR? So far, it seems a little high to me.

Edited: 1:13 pm, July 24, 2012
calgary alberta
reviews: 3
7. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

We were in the same boat as you with a flight that left at 6:30 in the morning. We opted to stay at a hotel near the airport (Hilton) and return the car the day before. The Hilton provided a shuttle to the airport at 5:30. By the way I noticed a sign at the airport stating they would NOT check any baggage unless it was checked at least an hour before the flight.

We paid $775.00 for 17 days rental of a 4x4 (Bego) which included the mandatory liability insurance. We did not buy the theft or damage to the rental vehicle insurance as it is covered by our credit card.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
8. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

A guest I had a few weeks ago did just that through Vamos. They charged extra ($20 maybe) to have an agent to meet them there before opening hours. You could try them.

Washington DC
reviews: 6
9. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

Keep in mind that if you rent from Vamos you will be renting a vehicle with over 100K miles on it.

new jersey
reviews: 6
10. Re: Car rentals-Liberia airport

I've been renting cars for the last 9 years and have used them all. Best company, hands down is Adobe. They have the most offices in the country and are just excellent.