We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand papagayo buildings location

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san jose, ca
reviews: 4
Grand papagayo buildings location

Hi,

we've booked a trip to Costa Rica and will be staying at Grand Papagayo resort during the president week in February. Does anyone has a map of the resort? What building numbers are with best location - close to everything. Could someone orient me which building # I have to request in order to be closer to the pool. I reserved concierge type of room. Does it worth it? I still can change it to the ocean view room (for the same price), but I don't care much about ocean view from the room, I thionk I will have plenty of ocean view outside. Also I thought that all ocean view rooms would be probably in the buildings up the hills. Does anyone know what the buildings (location wise) concierge type of room are?

Thank you.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

I am going next week Feb 4. I too would like to know what is where. I can let you know after we get back 2/12 if you don't hear before then.

san jose, ca
2. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

Thank you, vacationlady. We have to leave on 2/18. There still would be some time to make a request.

valley stream, ny
3. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

i just returned from my stay at the grand papagayo..we started out in building 14 great view but very very far..i suggest building 2 close to pool and perfect location...

valley stream, ny
4. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

i just returned from the grand papagayo..we started out in building 14 the farthest from everything but excellent view...we moved to building 2 pool side with no view...i suggest building 1 or 2

Charleston, South...
reviews: 20
5. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

wollie, please tell me what you thought of the resort as a whole and what trips you took. TIA

Wisconsin
reviews: 7
6. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

Vollie,

I am also interested in your stay. We are heading there in march and any info. would be great.

Lake in the Hills...
reviews: 53
7. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

I'll be there in March and would love to hear your thoughts as well. Hopefully you will have a great report!

valley stream, ny
8. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

Let me start of by saying this was one of the best vacations I have ever been on. Upon check-in we were greeted with champain. Of course like many other reviews our room was not ready. We had lunch at the buffet, walked around and enjoyed the landscapes. Buildings 15 and 14 are the furthest away from the pool and restraunts but have a great view. We were originally in building 14 and we changed to building 2 which was right outside the pool. You must be in good shape there are 75 steps from the pool to the lobby which we walked up and down about 3 times a day...it is easy by the 3rd day. We participated in daily poolside

events like volleyball, water arobics and kayaking. There is a pool sports desk by the pool where you can get towels, you can also book a snorkeling tour for 75 per person or sunset cruise for 65 per person. we did not do either but we heard they were both excellent.

We did book a mega combo tour through swiss travel which I highly reccomend 110 per person definitely worth it. It is abour a 2 hr drive from the grand papagayo once you get there you do 11 zip lines through the jungle a little scarey at first but there were 7 year old kids to 80 year old women..its a great time...after zipping, you climb up a rather steap hill and take a water slide down, very fast but a lot of fun...you then horse back ride for an hour to the spa , sit in a steam room, cover yourself in volcanic mud and wash off in hot spring pools, definitely a trip to remember...If you have any questions just let me know I'll be happy to help

Guildford, United...
reviews: 24
9. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

Hi.

A group of us stayed at the Grand Papagayo for 2 weeks over Christmas and had a fantastic time - my review is posted as 'Missing it already'.

As someone has mentioned, the lower-number buildings are nearer the restaurants/pool, although there is still a little walking to do wherever you are. Although the higher-numbered ones are farther away, there were one or two that had Howler Monkeys around them, which is a treat (if you can stand the noise).

We stayed in building 1, on the top floor - 'Ocean View', which was great. I recall the OV supplement was relatively small, but it was worth it to wake up to that wonderful view every morning.

Wish I was going back there soon - I envy you!

Gary

san jose, ca
10. Re: Grand papagayo buildings location

Hi all,

your responses are very useful, thank you very much. One more question. Is there any entertainment program after dinner (as it was in all-inclusive hotels in Mexico)? In some hotel descriptions I saw "nightly entertainment" but some people in their review mentioned that there is no any nightly entertainment there. Please clarify. Thank you.