We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Activities Planned

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grapevine, Texas
Thoughts on Activities Planned

Hi, we're very excited to be coming to Costa Rica March 14th for the first time. Spending 3 nights in Arenal and 3 in Playa Flamingo. For Arenal, plan on doing Ziplining, Proyecto Asis, Rio Celeste, and the Venado Caves. Also want to experience some local Sodas, Pizza John's and Gingerbread Restaurant in Nuevo Arenal.

For ziplining, it may be splitting hairs, but I'm leaning towards Arenal Mundo. Any thoughts on this company vs. Sky Trek or others I should consider? Given we're only there 3 days I feel like we have a good itinerary planned but anything else someone may consider that's not an all day affair?

Can't wait to see beautiful Costa Rica and make some new friends.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 52
1. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

Do not miss an afternoon visit to a hot spring. 2-3 hours is more then enough, thus smaller and less expensive ones will be OK. I personally enjoyed my time at Eco Termales. If having time in the morning visit La Fortuna waterfall.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
2. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

Soda la Parada is a good local soda, very affordable too. We really liked Sky Trek - the tram ride up was pretty neat. Have not done Arenal Mundo so can't really compare. Definitely spend an evening at the hot springs, either Tabacon or Eco Termales. And I agree with xelas on the waterfall hike; we loved that.

Do you know who you're using for your guide at the Venado Caves? We haven't done that yet and are eyeing it for a future trip.

Miami, Florida
reviews: 2
3. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

Seems like a wonderful idea honestly. If you hit "La Fortuna" you can even try bungee jumping!

Those places are amazing and there's nothing but good memories from them.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

Arenal Mundo Aventura...for some years were the number one compay...they offer great location...with some good La Fortuna waterfall views...they offer a Maleku indian village...nice to have some kind of idea how some of our indiand live...

Sky Treck is incredible proffesional operation and a multi million dollar kind of place...incredible nice volacno and lake views...

roadadvisor

Grapevine, Texas
5. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

Volcanogirl, no, I don't have a guide yet. I've heard that it is better not going as a group as you may have more freedom to do things but definently want to hire a photographer as I'm not sure they allow cameras in the caves.

roadadvisor, I've read many of your posts and you're extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area I can tell.

Thank you everyone for your input. We will do a hot spring as well. Unsure as to which one just yet. Eco Termales as xelas recommends sounds great.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
6. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

If you're at Eco Termales in the evening they serve a nice chicken dinner.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
7. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

Thank you Lee...nice of you..You are WELCOME!

roadadvisor

Minneapolis...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

We had a GREAT meal at Ecotermales. Highly recommend. We loved the Arenal Hanging Bridges too.

La Fortuna
reviews: 1
9. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

If you like to visit Proyecto Asis call in Advance Don Alvaro, Asis is very interesting place you will love it. Also if you are a lover nature visit Arenal Natura Ecological Park

Enjoy Costa Rica

10. Re: Thoughts on Activities Planned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...