We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
reviews: 3
Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

I'm looking for recommendations for companies operating canyoning (waterfall rappeling) tours and zip lining tours in Arenal. Round-trip transportation from our hotel (Grand Tabacon) is necessary for our group. Also- what exactly is the difference, if any, between a zip line tour and a canopy tour?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 122
1. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

We did the La Roca tour through Sunset Tours, and it was amazing. Very beautiful area, and we got to rappel down several waterfalls, do a zipline, and a hanging bridge. They will also take a cd of photos available for you to buy at the end if you want to, and the pictures are great quality. We felt very safe, and the guides were really fun.

People use the words zip line and canopy interchangeably.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
2. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

Agreed with volcanogirl. La Roca is an awesome tour for all the reasons she mentioned.

For canopy tours, Sky and Ecoglide are the best. Sky has the highest and longest cables. Ecoglide has more cables and a Tarzan Swing.

Orlando, Florida
3. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

Pure Trek Canyoning Costa Rica - Arenal Volcano Costa Rica

www.arenal.net/tour/pure-trek-costa-rica.htm

Costa Rica Canyoning Tour near the Arenal Volcano: Pure Trek a high quality adrenaline filled adventure for the whole family.

We went out with this company and I have to say it was one of the most fun things I have ever done -:). Felt totally safe, with absolutely no experience on my part.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
4. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

All good companies mentioned. IMO Desafio and Sky Adventures would be my choice and gets my vote.

London, England...
reviews: 81
5. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

Sky Adventures for me. Brilliant 3.5hr guided hike with high long hanging bridges followed by highest fastest longest zip-lines in the area.

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 114
6. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

For rappelling down waterfalls, Pure Trek Costa Rica: http://www.PureTrek.com-great operation, very professional, great guides and an unforgettable experience...I've done it 3 times! :-)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 122
7. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

We did Sky Trek as well. Very long, high, fast lines - 600 feet in the air and over 50 mph. They'll come right to your hotel to pick you up and drop you back off afterwards.

Monteverde, Costa...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

I had a fantastic time with Desafio Adventure Company! Quite honestly I worried about safety with canyoneering but my worries were all for nothing! The tour is great for most ages and the Desafio guides are fun and VERY safety conscious. The tour was so much better than my expectations - the Lost Canyon is indeed magical and with the help of the guides I had no problem with descending any of the waterfalls. Got my blood pumping though!

I also did the Skytrek which was amazing (ziplines and canopy are the same, some call it zipline canopy or hanging brides canopy - the canopy refers to the forest canopy). The scenery was breathtaking and what a thrill!

La Fortuna
reviews: 2
9. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

I had the experience for ziplining at Ecoglide, i still remember the Tarzan Swimg. It was amazing adventure. I did this with arenalonline.com/tours/…canopy-tour.html if you are a group ask for discount

San Jose, Costa Rica
10. Re: Recommendation for canyoning co and zip lining co in Arenal

Here we go again with that on line recommendation...some body is evry active recommending that people...lately...

MAybe Desafio and of course Sky Treck...but really you do not need any body to book anything for you...you can book direct...and even ask for discounts!

roadadvisor

Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...