We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation on Canyoning/Waterfall Rappel - Arenal or MA?

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sammamish...
reviews: 1
Recommendation on Canyoning/Waterfall Rappel - Arenal or MA?

My family including four teens (16 and 14) will be spending 2 nights in Arenal area and 5 nights in MA in April. I want to book a canyon/waterfall type activity. They all get good reviews so I am looking for personal recommendations on which one might be the best for kids our age. We have done ziplines and rappels into cenotes in Mexico and cave/canyoning in Puerto Rico so I am looking for something a little different. My kids are really adventurous. My choices seem to be:

Arenal:

PureTrek

Desafio

La Roca

Manuel Antonio:

Costa Rica Waterfall Tours

ADR 10:1 Adventure Park

Any thoughts/recommendations would be helpful. Thank you.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Recommendation on Canyoning/Waterfall Rappel - Arenal or MA?

Each of the Arenal operators you listed are good and the tours are all in beautiful settings. Out of them, I prefer the La Roca tour as it has varied rappels, a hanging bride, a zipline and small Tarzan swing. Your kid's ages should not be a problem with any of them, but check in advance.

Not sure about the Manuel Antonio tours you listed as I have not done any of them.

NJ
reviews: 9
2. Re: Recommendation on Canyoning/Waterfall Rappel - Arenal or MA?

Huckle, which did you choose? How did you like it?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
3. Re: Recommendation on Canyoning/Waterfall Rappel - Arenal or MA?

we used Pure Trek and loved it. We had age ranges from 8-60 in our group. The guys who bring you were tons of fun but also very responsible. I haven't used the others so cant compare but Pure Treks canyoneering is my all time favorite tour in CR and I have done a lot of different type tours

4. Re: Recommendation on Canyoning/Waterfall Rappel - Arenal or MA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 29, 2014