We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animals and Adventure

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Animals and Adventure

Two 60 year old adventurers - what is the best way to see animals and how does the Ecoglide (#1 on trip advisor I think I saw) compare to Hanging Bridges and Sky Adventure. Thanks!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 69
1. Re: Animals and Adventure

Best animals would be at (1) boat tour of Cano Negro (full day trip); (2) stay at Arenal Observatory Lodge; (3) guided tour of Arenal Hanging Bridges.

To be honest, the wildlife in the nearby Sarapiqui area (about 2 hours by car away) is vastly superior to the wildlife you'll find in the Arenal area.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
2. Re: Animals and Adventure

Anywhere but Arenal/Monteverde bridges and Zip Lines, too much noise and people, best time is early morning 5am to 8am.

Tortuguero, Selva Verde, Cano Negro, Osa-Corcovado areas...

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
3. Re: Animals and Adventure

I agree with Racandee. Cano Negro is great for wildlife and since it's a boat trip, easier on the knees than hiking. The Sarapiqui area is great for wildlife and you can hike or take a boat. Tortuguero is also an amazing place and great for wildlife.

I would also check out some of these places: http://www.costaricanbirdroute.com/sites.htm This is good coverage of the Sarapiqui area and has some great off-the-beaten-path locations as well.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Animals and Adventure

For you guys...and base on your info...agree with Racandee and Hattie...Cano Negro is waiting for you...and they really know ...and..respect...Costa Rica...

Roadadvisor

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
5. Re: Animals and Adventure

Hola Hattie bienvenido

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
6. Re: Animals and Adventure

Gracias, sonnysullivan!

7. Re: Animals and Adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 31, 2013