We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arlington
reviews: 4
Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

Plans for my upcoming trip are coming together but I'm still having trouble working out my day of adventure activities. I'd really like to do the sky tram tour - tram, hanging bridges and zipline. My friend also wants to do canyoneering. Is there a way to do all of this in one day/package? We can do ziplining and canyoneering with Desafio but then we miss the tram which sounds really great. Thank you. I will definitely post my own reviews after the trip!

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

Quite honestly, the tram is just a cool way to get to the zipline. It only takes about 10 minutes and there is no guide (at least to point things out). It is also unlikely you will see any wildlife on the top of the canopy in the middle of the day. That said, it would not be a deal breaker for me to miss the tram.

You could easily do one of the canyons (IMO, La Roca is the best in CR) on the same day as the Sky tour on your own.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

Glsd you are dealing direct with Desafio...they are grest...the tram is part of Sky Treck Zip lines tours...nice tram ride...great views...

Roadadvisor

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

There's no one day packages that includes all of that, but you can do Sky Adventures in the morning and La Roca/Lost Canyon/Pure Trek in the afternoon or vice versa. I believe all the canoyning tours have a morning and afternoon program (just not 100% sure about Lost Canyon), and Sky Trek runs several departure times throughout the day

arlington
4. Re: Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

Thanks, everyone! To keep things simple, and if the tram isn't SO fabulous, maybe I will give that up, do the Desafio ziplining tour with my friend in the morning and then she can go on to do the canyoneering. Appreciate your help!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 102
5. Re: Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

We really enjoyed the tram ride up. We've done other zips that involved a lot of hiking, and it was so easy and fun to just take the tram up. We've also done the La Roca canyoneering and loved it. It's a neat combo tour that has a zipline, the waterfall rappeling, a hanging bridge, etc. all combined into one. Just me personally, but I'd rather do those on two separate days rather than trying to cram everything into one day if you have time.

arlington
6. Re: Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

Thanks for the feedback! I think we are going to split up the activities a bit so they're not all in one day.

7. Re: Ziplining/Hanging Bridges/Canyoneering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, December 17, 2013