We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silencio Del Campo

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York
reviews: 9
Silencio Del Campo

We have a reservation there for January, but I'm hearing really bad things about the construction next door now. Has anyone seen it? Reviews make it sound like nonstop noise, construction workers whistling at you, etc. We can switch to the Observatory Lodge for two nights of our trip, but we would still need to be at Silencio the first night.

Should we switch to the Observatory Lodge for the last two nights?

Thanks again!

St. albert,Alberta
reviews: 29
1. Re: Silencio Del Campo

We were there in July when the outside structure was being built........all 5 stories were up, the building was mostly finished on the outside. It must be close to completion by now, in fact I think I read on this forum that it was open or will be very soon.

Even when we were there, construction noise was not a problem. For the most part we were gone all day when they were working and it was quiet at night.

I may have gotten waved at once, but no whistling. Hey, wait a minute... maybe that says something about me....................:)

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Silencio Del Campo

I drove by two days ago...a lot of workers...looks like they are moving...fast...I am very positive that most of the big work is going to be done by January, maybe try...MOUNTAIN PARADISE...nice new hotel not far away...and great volcano views!!

Luis Road Advisors

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!

New York, New York
reviews: 9
3. Re: Silencio Del Campo

Thanks for the advice! This helps. We're still deciding what to do. Silencio sent me an email saying they will put me in a room away from the construction and that they hope the construction will be done by January. I would like "silencio" though, so we'll see...

We're looking into Lomas del Volcan. Anyone been there? It looks nice, though on the green side of the volcano - not sure what that would be like.

Thanks for the input!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 13
4. Re: Silencio Del Campo

I guess it depends on the stage of construction because as Trippneck said, there wasn't much noise at all. No bother to us! We loved it there and would go without hesitation construction or not. Fabulous owners and staff and the bungalows are spacious and nice.

5. Re: Silencio Del Campo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 14, 2009