We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

Boston...
reviews: 1
Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

Hello Folks,

We are traveling to Guanacaste (Riu Palace) for the first time, we will be staying for five nights.

What tour/day activity would be best recommended from this hotel, would love to see Rincon but is it too far to travel for one day?

Travel dates are May 8 - May 14.

Also, is the weather decent during this time of year.

Thank you for any input you may offer.

Edited: 2:16 pm, April 23, 2014
30 replies to this topic
Barrie, Canada
reviews: 34
11. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

"all the good reviews"??

What about the 25 percent that are "average" “Poor" and" Terrible" Pretty rare for hotels in Costa Rica.

Florida
reviews: 12
12. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

According to Trip Advisor the resort gets 4.5 stars out of 5 from people who've *actually stayed there! Sounds good to me!. I've been to 10 RIUS and have always been pleased. They are affordable and consistent. I'm excited to visit this one and experience the beautiful country of Costa Rica when I'm not at the pool bar soaking up the sun and meeting new friends.

Michael C- yes the tours are confusing (and expensive). Thanks for letting us know when you get back.

South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 7
13. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

Great choice and a great property.

Palo Verde boat tour is a good one. I would book tours on the beach for better prices. We used "Alex on the beach" twice and had a great guide and vehicle each time. A trip to Coco Beach is a good idea if you want to buy souvenirs and have a nice lunch or dinner.

Boston...
14. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

Thank you!. Palo Verde will be one that we will do for sure. We are looking at the Rincon Walking/Hike or the Celeste River Walking/Hiking.

Not sure the better of the two.

Cant wait to visit this Riu, all sounds great.

Boston...
15. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

So we booked a group Palo Verde Boat Tour & Private Rio Celeste Walk/Hike. We opted for the private tour in regard to the Rio Celeste to speed things up and shorten the day a little. The tour operator is Mardigi, based on everything we found they seemed great.

We'll let you all know the verdict.

Thanks for your comments and assistance.

Florida
16. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

Hope you have a fabulous time!!!!

Haverhill...
reviews: 34
17. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

I would recommend the Cortez Waterfalls. 90 minutes from the Riu, and an excellent way to spend the day.

Jersey City, New...
18. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

Has anyone gone on this Palo Verde Tour ? Could you let me know why everyone raves about it?

Boston...
19. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

So we just got back.....

Costa Rica is a gorgeous place to visit, the native people are very inviting and friendly. I was very impressed with the country and culture.

We stayed at the Riu Palace, as we have others, and it was our best Riu experience yet. They hit all points on this property, Great job!!

We used Mardigi as our tour operator and would highly recommend them. The guide is very knowledgeable and educated. The tour groups they deal with are very small as opposed to getting on a bus with a large group. We visited the Rio Celeste & the Palo Verde, both are great places. Just beware the Rio Celeste is a moderately challenging hike through the jungle but very much worth it.

The only negative, and we were warned prior to going: DO NOT EAT AT THE LIBERIA AIRPORT!!

We ordered one appetizer, two sandwich Wraps and two cokes - $90.00 - no kidding.

Fantastic trip!!!!!

Florida
20. Re: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste

Glad you had a great time!!!! A week and half to go for me:) any chance you have a pic of the resort map or room service menu???

Reply to: Day Tour From Riu Palace Guanacaste
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted