We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Cruise

Texas
Sunset Cruise

Has anyone had any experience with doing a sunset cruise with either Vagabundo or Kuna Vela? Neither of them are mentioned frequently on this site. However, I like the fact that both would be able to pick our group of 15 up on the beach in front of our hotel (Riu Guanacaste).

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Sunset Cruise

I have had seen Kuna Vela from the beach several times...looks like a nice boat...great if they can pick you up by RIU...

roadadvisor

2. Re: Sunset Cruise

Loading people onto a charter boat from the RIU is accomplished with a tender. The size of the tender depends on the charter boat. The tender is backed onto the shore and the guests load into the tender which then transports the guests to the charter boat.

Loading the tender from the beach at the RIU is oftentimes a challenge. It is a challenge because the beach at the RIU has a steep pitch. The steep pitch means there are oftentimes waves breaking right on shore where you are loading.

Some charters do not pick up on the beach in front of the RIU for this reason..

Guanacaste, Costa...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Sunset Cruise

I know and have been on the Kuna Vela. We were recommending them to our clients. However, it was sold or placed under new management (several years ago) and the customer service was not the same.

We have not used the Kuna Vela since.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you look at the SeaBird. IT is 45' and they do small groups and private tours. Currently, when it comes to sunsets/sailing experiences,their customer service is unmatched. http://www.seabirdsailingexcursions.com/

You can contact HEATHER directly at seabirdcr@gmail.com The SeaBird will pick up on the beach of the RIU. It is $69 per person.

4. Re: Sunset Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, October 05, 2012