We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poas lodge & restaurant question

Iowa
reviews: 43
Poas lodge & restaurant question

I just booked here for March, but now that I see the temps can be 40F at night I wanted to check if anyone had stayed there & if they froze?

We are bringing young kids.

thanks

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 160
1. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

I haven't stayed at the Poas lodge, but we have stayed in this area on several occassions. They temperatures at night can "sometimes" get into the 40's, so it is advisable to have a light jacket or sweater. We always take along some long pants and shirts with a light jacket when we will be staying in this area. Works out OK, because you will also need this attire if you decide to go to one of the Mirador restaraunts around the San Jose area. These get cool at night also as they too are in the mountains. Where we normally stay has gas fireplaces in the rooms which we always put to very good use.

NY
reviews: 51
2. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

We are here right now with our 5 year old. It's very cool, but we have fleece on so all is good. Our room has a heater in it so very comfy. Also, very nice place and people. Dinner was outstanding. Don't order a salad you won't need it. Portions are huge and excellent. Even a kids menu. I'm not disappointed so far. Would stay here again and recommend.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 94
3. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

We always pack a fleece jacket when we go to that area because it can really cool down, especially at night. We've worn fleece at Poas volcano too.

Tillsonburg, Ontario
reviews: 8
4. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

Hi

We wr there one wk ago. Great place, great managers, and amazing views. As already noted bring a sweater for night time only...the days are warm/hot and there are heaters in the rms...so no problems w keeping warm. Say hi mark and Oliver.

Jcsun

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

It is a nice place ...with great people running the show...maybe nice some extra blanket at night!

roadadvisor

Chicago, IL
reviews: 15
6. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

Are Mark and Oliver leaving that hotel? I thought I read that somewhere.

Tillsonburg, Ontario
7. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

Mark and Oliver are the managers and the company that owns it has it for sale. This might happen quickly or it could take some time so enjoy it now if you can. Note they are from south Africa and I think they are ready to go back home as it's been 4 yrs.

Also say to "girl" their dog...she is very cute.

Jcsun

Jacksonville...
reviews: 77
8. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

Please give a trip report when you return. We will be staying there for one night in July.

Tillsonburg, Ontario
9. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

I should have my review completed and posted this weekend. Hopefully it helps you.

Jcsun

Jacksonville...
reviews: 77
10. Re: Poas lodge & restaurant question

Thanks!