We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baldi vs Tabacon

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 28
Baldi vs Tabacon

Hello everyone!! I am going to be in La Fortuna in a few days, and want to spend my first day either at Baldi or Tabacon Hot Springs. I am liking that Baldi seems like a younger, lively place, but I am also liking that Tabacon seems to have nicer facilities. Which out of the two would you choose, and why? PS I am in Puerto Viejo right now having the time of my life and heading up to Tortuguero tomorrow. Can I please stay in this country forever?

San Francisco
1. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

I am only interested in the hot spring facilities-I am staying at Nayara so I do not need any information regarding their lodging.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 1
2. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

Tabacon is amazing...the gardens are like nothing else on earth. Baldi is nice, and they've kind of cleaned up the party scene a bit. The pools are pretty there, but there's nothing like Tabacon IMHO.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 40
3. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

We are coming to Costa Rica and are flexible in our plans so can you please recommend some things that have made the area you are leaving so incredible. Where did you stay? What did you do?

I am traveling with a 12 year old so I guess the party scene is out...lol

Kathy

Edited: 12:34 pm, July 03, 2013
San Francisco
4. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

Hi Love to Travel! Puerto Viejo was such a fantastic town. Very unique and had a very strong Caribbean, rasta vibe. Everyone was really friendly and the food was phenomenal. They have a lot of fun activities, including horseback riding, waterfall tours, as well as an animal sanctuary where you can hold some animals.

Arenal Volcano area
5. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

If you decide to go to Tabacon, book in advance, some info center in La Fortuna offer you the package with one meal and a second day for free.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 176
6. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

I prefer Tabacon, more upscale and more natural but you will pay the price. Baldi is considerably less expensive, you can snag discount day passes off site at some of the local hotels and tour offices for $38 including buffet dinner. Baldi is a little "Disneyesque" IMHO but still very nice. I echo that there is a bit of a party scene there but off season it should not be too bad. Check out my recent review of Baldi on Trip Advisor.

If price is no object, I'd vote for Tabacon. If you are looking for good value, try Baldi.

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 34
7. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

Baldi https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Tabacon www.youtube.com/watch…

Canada
reviews: 17
8. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

You might also want to consider Eco Termales, it's small and intimate and they only allow 100 visitors at a time. We booked the evening session which left our day to do some hikes.

arenal.net/tour/eco-thermales-hot-springs/

I don't know what it's like now, but when we were there 2 years ago, Baldi looked like train wreck, loud music, gaudy statues and tour buses lining up outside.

9. Re: Baldi vs Tabacon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 21, 2014