We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venado Caves

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Venado Caves

Should my fear of spiders and snakes keep me from going to Venado caves on my honeymoon? Darkness/small spaces/bats are no problem. I'm in good shape as well, so I'm not concerned about that. Just wanted to hear from someone who isn't so into the creepy crawlers if the thrill of the cave is worth it...

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Venado Caves

It's a great tour, but there are some cave spiders. They don't bite and will actually do anything they can to avoid you. As far as I know, there are no snakes.

San Carlos
reviews: 1
2. Re: Venado Caves

You should not worry about snakes, spiders.... there are some... It all depends on your fear!

Grapevine, Texas
3. Re: Venado Caves

This was one of the highlights of our trip. Venado caves is great and we got some wonderful pictures. There are some spiders but nothing to harm you. If you're claustrophobic, think twice, but it's a wonderful time. If you're driving there on your own, can be sort of tricky as a lot of it is on a dirt road but worth it definently.

La Fortuna
reviews: 4
4. Re: Venado Caves

I agree that the #1 thing that would keep people from going to Venado is claustrophobia...I've been in caves all over the world and the Venado caves is definitely the most "closed" feeling.

As for the road, I was just on it a couple of weeks ago and it was in great shape (they're currently working on it) so go and enjoy!

5. Re: Venado Caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 03, 2014