We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from San Jose to Volcano National Park

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
transportation from San Jose to Volcano National Park

What is the best way to get from the airport in San Jose to the Volcano National Park? We will have four of us and will be coming down in August. It will be our first trip to Costa Rica. Thanks for any advice.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: transportation from San Jose to Volcano National Park

"Best way?"

1. You can fly to La Fortuna and take a taxi to the National Park

2. You can hire private transportation

3. You can take a shared van shuttle to La Fortuna and then a taxi to the National Park.

4. You can take a public bus to La Fortuna and then a taxi to the National Park.

5. You can take any form of transportation to La Fortuna and then get the public bus for Tilaran and get off at the road that goes to the National Park and walk the rest of the way.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: transportation from San Jose to Volcano National Park

Oppps ...maybe I have to ask...what Volcano National Park...? Or I missing somenthing?

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: transportation from San Jose to Volcano National Park

I had the same question, roadadvisor, but made the jump to answer because the question was posted in the La Fortuna de San Carlos forum. But...... I could be wrong!

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: transportation from San Jose to Volcano National Park

Isn't Volcano National Park in Hawaii? I'm thinking they mean Arenal Volcano! If that is it, Hattie gave you the answer.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: transportation from San Jose to Volcano National Park

There are several "Volcano National Parks" such as Tenorio Volcano National Park or Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park.

6. Re: transportation from San Jose to Volcano National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...