We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyoning, Morning or Afternoon?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas...
reviews: 40
Canyoning, Morning or Afternoon?

Visiting Arenal in mid July and one of the activities we (Wife, Daughter (7), and myself) want to do is canyoning. I noticed most of the tour companies that provide canyoning offer a morning (7am) and an afternoon (12:30pm) option. For those that have done the tour or work at the canyoning companies, does it make a difference which one I choose or do you recommend one over the other?

thanks in advance!

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Canyoning, Morning or Afternoon?

It really does not matter in the Arenal area. The only reason it would matter is if weather was a factor like it is in other areas during the rain season. Most other areas have a higher possibility of rain in afternoon, whereas the Arenal area can produce rain at any time of the day. The concern with rain is not the actual rain itself, but the flash flooding it can produce in slot canyons. That said, if you have limited time, you may consider the morning tour just in case they have to postpone. This would possibly allow you to reschedule in the afternoon.

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 47
2. Re: Canyoning, Morning or Afternoon?

I don't think it matters too much. I did an early afternoon tour with my husband and we were the only ones on the tour (which was amazing).

Have a great time--this was by far our favorite experience in Costa Rica!

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 106
3. Re: Canyoning, Morning or Afternoon?

Bottom line is you get wet no matter what so whatever works best with your schedule and if you want to sleep in or not. It's a BLAST so enjoy! :-)

San Carlos
4. Re: Canyoning, Morning or Afternoon?

Take the morning one!

Lower chances of rain and you have the afternoon off to see and explore the area!

5. Re: Canyoning, Morning or Afternoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 27, 2014