We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maple Valley...
reviews: 4
cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

we will be driving from Manuel Antonio to La Fortuna and I was wondering if there is a Cloud Forest along the way that is relatively easy to get to that we could stop at along the way?

San Isidro de El...
11. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

The cloud forests mentioned near San Ramon are good choices, but I did not see Villa Blanca mentioned. It is located near San Ramon (the place is called Los Angeles). It is the best place to stay in that area and one of my favorite Costa Rica boutique hotels. Make sure to try the queso palmito at one of the roadside stands while passing through this area. It is the tastiest I have found in Costa Rica after 12 years living here. If you want to go from Arenal to Monteverde, the best mode of travel is the "van boat" tour, but if you're self-driving, that won't be an option. In that case I would go to the cloud forest near San Ramon (the ones mentioned by others), but stay at Villa Blanca.

Pure Vida!

Monteverde Cloud...
reviews: 13
12. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

The monteverde cloud forest is the moss amazing of costa rica, this time in the year there is the quetzal in Monteverde cloud forest reserve

San Carlos
13. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

You actually have 2 options:

San Ramon (Nectandra, San Lorenzo, San Luis)

and my favorite:

Sarchi Norte, Zarcero, Bajos del Toro.

It is a longer way, no traffic and a amazing scenic drive.

If you are coming from Manuel Antonio, get to Grecia, Sarchi, Take the road to Bajos del Toro (in Bajos del Toro you have Bosque de Paz and el Silencio.

From Bajos del Toro you can take the road to Zarcero, Ciudad Quesada, Florencia, La Fortuna or from Bajos del Toro you can take the road down to Rio Cuarto (Make sure you stop by Toro Amarillo waterfall)

Rio Cuarto, Venecia, Aguas Zarcas, Muelle, La Fortuna

Pura Vida!

This is a unique drive!

San Isidro de El...
14. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

Yes it is. Have done it many times. Make sure to stop over and see Catarata del Toro!

15. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 28, 2014