We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maple Valley...
reviews: 4
cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

we will be driving from Manuel Antonio to La Fortuna and I was wondering if there is a Cloud Forest along the way that is relatively easy to get to that we could stop at along the way?

14 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

By the way of San Ramon...you can stop at San Luis cloud forest or San Lorenzo cloud forest...both with places located at the road side...

roadadvisor

Port St Lucie, FL
reviews: 66
2. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

The only Cloudforest I know of in Costa Rica is at Monteverde (higher elevation with cooler temps and condensation rather than rain), but there is no way to easily get there from anywhere. The original Quaker settlers have lobbied to keep it somewhat isolated to retard development, so you're looking at a good 2 hours on a cobblestone road from either of 2 points on the Inter-American Highway. I recently did this 35 km trip on a local bus, and it took every bit of 2 hours, which averages out to about 10 mph. Rainforests are a different thing, however (lower elevation, warmer temps, more actual rain), which means the vegetation and therefore the animal life is different, but I can't help you out with that. Have a nice trip!

Chicago, IL
reviews: 15
3. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

Hey Luis, which is better to visit, San Luis or San Lorenzo? We want to visit one.

Gracias!

Maple Valley...
reviews: 4
4. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

picking between San Luis cloud forest or San Lorenzo cloud which one is better? which one is easier/closer to get too? do you know if there is a fee to get into them?

thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

San Luis offer a nice short Zip lines...not many trails...San Lorenzo is where the lands in Love Hotel is located...they even offer some bird watching tours...horse back rides...the two with a small restaurant...San Luis is more Typical...

Lands in Love offer some great zip lines cables the longest 750mts long...

Incredible nice CLOUD FOREST!

roadadvisor

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 25
6. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

Quasimama , there are several cloud forests in CR besides Monteverde , but the two that Roadadvisor mentions are really to only two that are "on the way" for the OP.

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
7. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

There's also Nectandra www.nectandra.org

Port St Lucie, FL
reviews: 66
8. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

Thanks. I wasn't aware. . .

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
9. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

Yeah, there are quite a few cloud forests in Costa Rica - it's just that Monteverde is the most famous.

nebraska
reviews: 39
10. Re: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??

Hattie, This is the 1st time I've heard of Nectandra. Thanks for the suggestion. It's a little too pricey for us but maybe someday...It's always nice to hear of previously unknown places.

Reply to: cloud forest between Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...