We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing family hotel w/springs/good pool

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SF
Need help choosing family hotel w/springs/good pool

Apologies if I am posting this twice; not sure first time went through.

Recommendations for nicest lodging that has springs/good pool on site and also the most attractive/charming accommodations? Options our family (w/ child, tween, teen) can afford: Los Lagos, Arenal Kioro, Lost Iguana, El Silencio, Mountain Paradise or anything else. Others? Nice pools and/or springs on site are crucial for the member of our family who won't be venturing off to zipline, etc. We also prefer rooms/grounds that are charming, attractive, and not generic hotel looking. (Note: Tabacon, Nayara, Springs are all too expensive.) Would like to be able to get into La Fortuna town for some dinners, by taxi or car. Los Lagos looks like a blast for the kids, even in the rain. But the rooms look so so. Lost Iguana looks charming and more upscale, but no springs and the pools look small. Which of all these hotels has the nicest on site springs? Nicest accommodations? Best food?

Thank you so much!

Many thanks all!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
1. Re: Need help choosing family hotel w/springs/good pool

I think El Siliencio is popular. Have you looked at Arenal Springs Hotel? NOT The Springs Resort which is different. Arenal Springs Hotel is very nice and I believe it's in your price range.

Denver
reviews: 11
2. Re: Need help choosing family hotel w/springs/good pool

When I was planning our trip with our 8 yr old, I was really interested in Los Lagos too - it seemed to have almost everything on property (horseback riding, ziplining, hot springs, pool and water slides) but the rooms looked in need of updating judging from their website. That ultimately was the deciding factor for me since we were going for a trip during rainy season and if the weather was bad I didn't want to be stuck in a dingy room. We ended up staying at the Hotel Royal Corin in a 2-Qn bed standard room (since there was just the 3 of us, and the rate was 50% off on hotels.com when I booked) and our 8 yr old LOVED the hot pools; their largest one was really quite big. However all three of us did day excursions together, and I don't know what there was to do there other than the hot pools if one was stuck at the hotel.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
3. Re: Need help choosing family hotel w/springs/good pool

We stayed at El Silencio del Campo and loved it!! They have swimming pool, a small playground for little kids, and 4 or 5 (can't remember) hot springs with different water temperature. Clean and beautiful ground. In the morning we enjoyed our breakfast (included) in their restaurant watching birds eating fruits that the workers hung on the tree for them. Our villa was #18. It was off the main road so we had the quietness and also enjoyed the view of volcano in the morning when the sky was clear. The spa is excellent and should not be missed.

Taxi to town is about $6 to 7 each way. Going to La Fortuna waterfall by taxi is about $15.

If you don't feel like going to town for lunch/dinner, the food in the restaurant is really good and price is reasonable. You can check my review posted in Oct 2012.

Not sure when you're planning to go. They currently have a promotion for June. $149 per night with breakfast, lunch and dinner included.

San Carlos
4. Re: Need help choosing family hotel w/springs/good pool

El Silencio del Campo is the way to go!

Small, very private hot springs, beautiful gardens and the rooms are good. There are better rooms but then the rates get higher (like Nayara)

5. Re: Need help choosing family hotel w/springs/good pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 28, 2014